We're looking for a Senior Software Engineering Lead
to join our client's team. This is a unique role at a fast growing tech company, primarily focused on thier live streaming services and products. As a Senior Software Engineering Lead
, you'll be working with a mid-sized team, across a wide variety of technologies (Java, Python, Node), on our live and VOD streaming infrastructure.
You'll be working closely with data scientists to productionise and scale machine learning models. You'll mentor junior and senior engineers on the team either by direct instruction or setting a strong cultural example. As a Senior Software Engineering Lead
, you'll be able to provide simple, maintainable and performant solutions for the technical problems using new technology that abstract other teams from complexity. We're looking for someone driven by a desire to deliver user experiences that other companies aspire to, capable of working in a broad set of languages and able to skill up in unfamiliar languages and SDKs quickly. We're after someone extremely proactive, able to wear multiple hats and deliver.
What You'll Do:
- Write efficient, clean, readable, fast, testable, documented, monitored code and systems.
- Architect and deliver new video systems to production without a hiccup.
- Maintain and improve our Wowza based live streaming infrastructure.
- Set the technical direction for the VOD streaming architecture going forward.
- Foster a culture of observability within your team.
- Establish key metrics to drive performance and stability improvements across our live streaming services and products.
- Work closely with our cam ops team on live stream delivery.
- Work closely with our data science team to productionise and scale ML-based video analysis systems.
- Squash critical live streaming bugs and solve performance issues.
- Come up w/ solid technical solutions to ambiguous technical problems affecting multiple products.
- Accurately estimate large projects involving challenges including major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration, or exceptionally difficult technical requirements.
- Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment.
- Ship code often in a fast-paced agile environment with continuous deployment.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior devs.
- Lead discussions and present on technical topics in internal tech talks.
What We're Looking For:
- Significant production experience with one of these technologies: Java, Python or Node.
- Production experience with live stream delivery; Wowza, RTSP and HLS.
- Production experience with Microservices and Docker.
- Understanding of AWS technologies and infrastructure as code (like Chef/Puppet/Ansible, Terraform/Cloudformation).
- Experience working with AWS services such as ECS, SNS/SQS, Lambda & Aurora
- Solid experience with NoSQL DB's (like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis).
- Top-notch communication skills.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree.
You May Also Have:
- Experience with FFmpeg.
- Experience/understanding of machine learning applied to video.
- Experience with serverless architecture (AWS Lambda).
- Experience with CCTV camera systems.