37.5 per weekSalary:
Up to £38,166, dependant on experienceLocation:
60 Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
We are currently looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to be an integral part of the clinical pharmacy team who provide a clinical service to the wards and dispensary.
The Clinical Pharmacist ensures that safe practices for the effective prescribing of medicines are in place and works closely with the Lead Dispensary Pharmacist and Dispensary Manager to ensure an efficient service is provided to both inpatients and outpatients of the Hospital.
Located in leafy St John's Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John's.Am I the right person for this Clinical Pharmacist role?
What are the Responsibilities of this Clinical Pharmacist role?
- Completion of one year Pre-registration training
- Current professional registration as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Has provided medication counselling to patients
- Multidisciplinary working with Nursing and /or Medical colleagues
- Analysis and application of clinical data
- Ideally working towards or having Clinical Diploma or Postgraduate qualification
Why apply for this role as Clinical Pharmacist?
- Visit allocated wards and review inpatient prescription charts, checking for clinical correctness according to current practice. Ordering non stock medicines for individual patients and ensuring continuity of supply
- Clinically screen and final check in-patient and discharge TTO prescriptions according to current practice
- Resolve any prescription queries with the prescriber and amend prescription accordingly
- Participate in dispensary duties (e.g. prescription processing) and ensuring appropriate records (e.g. controlled drug registers are maintained)
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.