Automation Manager Location:
Lichfield, UK / home office Reports to:
Productivity Director EMEA Contract type:
Permanent, full-timeJob Summary
As an Automation Manager you will manage transformation of our Manufacturing (MFG) and Distribution (DC) facilities in EMEA region to a Design of the Future.
It means that the core of your role will be automation of processes and material flows
. This will include identification of the processes, evaluation, testing and implementation of high-speed automation/robotic solutions
You will work independently (with no direct reports) being part of a team of 3 people. You also work closely with Automation team in US and MFG/DC leadership teams in EMEA.Key Responsibilities
- Achieve objective performance improvement results through deployment of automation processes within manufacturing and distribution warehouse sites
- Develop methodology for sites to identify and implement Automation processes
- Autonomous guided vehicles
- Conditional Monitoring
- Truck unloading / Palletisation
- Automated storage systems
- Collaborate with DC/MFG Operations teams to identify local improvement opportunities, lead concept development, prototype testing, engineering design
- Perform relevant engineering considerations/exercises, inclusive of the following:
- Make/Buy analysis and capacity evaluations.
- Product value analysis.
- Propose, evaluate, and implement automation opportunities to support quality improvements, cost reductions, and capacity increases.
- Troubleshoot process problems.
- Collaborate with 3rd parties on system build, integration testing, project management, implementation, and handoff to operations.
- Define future business requirements, hardware (MHE) and software (WCS, WMS) requirements, and conduct financial analyses (ROI).
- Display high levels of expertise in applying principles of project management
- Teach, mentor, and coach divisional, functional, and site leaders on how to apply the appropriate Automation roadmaps.
- Network with other global and organizational leaders & to learn and share "Best Practices".
- Master's or Bachelor's degree with relevant experience in Automation/Robotics, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent. (Preferred relevant & hands on experience with Collaborative robots)
- Solid knowledge of MFG/DC processes
- Experience with 3D solid modeling software, including design, simulation, testing, and drawing creation
- Willingness to travel internationally (average 50% of time)
What we can offer you!
- Experience working with material handling equipment in DC environments (e.g. conveyors, AS/RS, AMRs, robots, etc.)
- Ability to both envision a world different from the status quo and to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, multicultural and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience with 2D CAD, PLC/HMI, Six Sigma would be a plus.
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in the EMEA region with several thousand employees spread over many corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands is strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, NUK, Coleman, Marmot, CrockPot and many more.
We grow the brands that sit in every aspect of people's daily lives.Join Us And Become Part Of
Are you interested?
- Global company with development opportunities, both locally and internationally.
- Our friendly and competent team, who will support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
- Sustainability Strategy - environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
- Give@Newell - charity activities dedicated for local communities right where you live/work.
If so, please click on "Apply Now" on this site and upload your CV.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands' Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_en.html If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter .