This is an essential role in the Tech Support team, as the 1st point of contact for the Tech Support Desk, based in Ripponden. The Jobholder will handle customer support with a positive, problem-solving attitude, so strong communication and customer service skills are must-haves. The incumbent will provide a comprehensive Tech Support service to all JLA employees, often under extreme pressure. It is vital that problems are logged, monitored and resolved in an efficient and effective manner. A willingness to learn and develop is essential to understand and support business technologies.
Whilst a strong interest in technology paired with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily is important, our emphasis will be more on your personality, drive, communication skills and professionalism. You will need to balance many demands, so being able to multi-task in a fun but intensive environment is a critical skill. You will need to be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. A positive, can-do attitude, coolness under pressure and the ability to handle a wide variety of client issues are essential.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with a positive problem-solving attitude, delivering high quality technical support to the business
· Act as 1st point of contact for all Tech Support issues, resolving routine Incidents and Support Requests, and striving for first call resolution
· Escalating issues to Senior Analyst where appropriate.
· Provide technical support to customers who work with laptops and PCs using Windows, with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook
· Support users on iOS technologies and cloud applications
· Ensure that all customers are provided with the service and help they require to make best use of all current and future business systems and hardware/software provided.
· Ensure that all Incident Management procedures are adhered to for all tickets i.e.
o All incidents reported to the Service Desk are logged accurately and expeditiously in real time
o All incidents are correctly prioritised
o All incidents are assigned either to internal Tech staff or external 3rd party suppliers.
o All incidents have an owner
o The progress of all Incidents is monitored, with incident assignee's being reminded when target response times are nearing, have been reached or have been exceeded
o Customers are kept informed as to the progress of their incident
o All actions taken are logged in the incident ticket, maintaining detailed case notes
o Resolutions of incidents are monitored, to ensure that the information given is complete and that the necessary actions which result from them are communicated to the relevant departments and followed through
o The customer's agreement to close the incident is obtained
· Suppliers are proactively managed to ensure products and services are delivered as contracted
· Strive to meet or exceed SLA targets for Incidents and Service Requests
· Consult and add to user guides, technical manuals, online resources and other documents to research and implement solutions
· Collect, organise and maintain a "problems and solutions" knowledge base that can be used by other technical support analysts, especially about new collaboration technologies (Teams/Starleaf etc..), websites and cloud applications
· Maintain accurate asset database records
· Proactively monitor JLA systems for issues, escalating as appropriate, including JLA and associated websites
· Handle configuration and maintenance and provide support for the systems used within JLA.
· Carry out PC, Phone (iPhone and Android) and Tablet (iPad and Android) imaging, equipment builds, maintenance and repairs to a high standard
· Receive continuing education and onsite training for new products and services
· Take on technical project work with a willingness to learn, develop and expand your technical skillset.
· Carry out other administrative duties and routine tasks such as data analysis, database maintenance, reporting, back-ups, updating policies and procedures as well as providing input for troubleshooting scripts and diagnostic tools.
· Basic understanding of WAN and LAN technologies
· Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows/iOS operating systems
· Installation of Microsoft Office production applications (on premise and cloud)
· Good general knowledge of MS Office tools (desktop apps and cloud enabled)
· Configuration of Microsoft Outlook
· Installation of both local and network printers
· Ability to diagnose technical and configuration issues in the Windows environment for use in troubleshooting and resolving faults
· Good broad working knowledge of computer and network connectivity technologies at the hardware level, including Network Interface Cards, Switches and Routers
· Ability to modify and route patch cables in a comms cabinet
· Experience of configuring and supporting mobile phones and tablets - Android & Windows & iOS
· 2 to 3 years providing Tech Support of the following environment:
o Windows 10
o MS Office 2016 / Office 365
o MS Server 2012 - 2016
o MS Exchange
o Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
o LAN and WAN Networking
o iOS & Android
· Excellent communication and team working skills
· Supporting a high number of Remote workers
· Experience of working with customers and suppliers, dealing sympathetically and professionally with demands, even under pressure
· Backup technology
· Highly self-motivated and pro-active.
· Confident and able to provide help and support to other colleagues and stakeholders.
· Conscientious, high attention to detail with ability to see tasks through to completion.
· Confident in raising challenges to management.
· Results and deadline driven.
· Methodical, analytical and logical thinker.
· Able to demonstrate use of initiative and generate new ideas.
· Good personal presentation and a professional approach, able to operate in a constructive and positive manner.
· Capable of providing excellent customer service (telephone etiquette, follow up etc.).
· Ability to work quickly, with short deadlines.
· Good team spirit and ability to take initiative.
· Flexibility, availability and attention to detail.
· Ability and willingness to learn new hardware/software programs and technologies
· An understanding of customer care and a strong commitment to the service culture
· Experience of working with customers, dealing sympathetically with their problems, even under pressure.
· NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in 2 more subjects
Reference ID: Tech Support Ripp