The Indirect Buyer will join a fast developing and forward-thinking procurement team with a continual emphasis on delivery and providing best in class procurement support to operations and the wider Celeros organisation. Focus spend areas will include but not be limited to: FM, PPE, Hire Plant, Stationary, Janitorial Services, transacted through SAP / Purchasing Card. The Indirect Buyer will help develop procurement processes, ensure corporate governance and manage supplier performance. Previous indirect purchasing experience would be advantageous, but not essential - applications from direct Buyers seeking a transition into indirect procurement, will be welcomed. The Indirect Buyer will however need to be; passionate, agile, committed to continuous improvement. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Within this position of Indirects Buyer key accountabilities are as follows:
To act as the focal point for all indirect order placement, processing purchase requisitions in a timely manner and in doing so ensure:
- All requisitions are signed and approved prior to purchase by agreed signatories
- Liaison with internal customers ensuring the requirement is clear and understood and fit for tendering with external suppliers.
- Where possible the requirement has been competitively tendered with 2-3 suppliers demonstrating value for money and a competitively sourced solution.
- PO placement transacted onto SAP or via Credit Card
- Continuous expediting of all indirect PO's ensuring SAP & the internal customer are updated accordingly.
- Invoice queries reconciled and communicated
- Continuous focus on minimising the number of overdue requisition and purchase orders.
- To assist and cover for the Head of Supply Chain as and when required.
- Assist in the implementation of operational and strategic procurement, process improvements and introduction of best practice procurement and supply chain management techniques
- Work closely with Celeros group supply chain Category leads in delivery of national and/or global supply chain agreements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong negotiation and cost analysis skills, influencing, Strong Inter-personal skills and relationship management, Communication, IT including SAP or equivalent, strong Microsoft Office Tools skills
- Previous experience with the procurement of both Indirect products & services.
- Experience of tender bids, contracts, SC standards and process and SRM "supplier relationship management"
- CIPS qualified or working towards or HNC / Degree Qualified or relevant Supply Chain experience gained in highly regulated industries considered.