Equipment Maintenance SupervisorSalary:
Negotiable dependent upon experienceLocation
Working for one of the world's largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit an Equipment Maintenance Supervisor to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have more than 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.7 billion. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
The Equipment Maintenance Supervisor is required to organise, plan and take control of maintenance and repair works safely as required to ensure business continuity.
The role includes managing and developing a team of Technicians and associated team activities including proposing and implementing improvement initiatives. This, in turn, is intended to improve equipment performance supporting the overall business drive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.Main Responsibilities:
· Safely manage internal and external resources to deliver varied plant and equipment maintenance repair operations in line with business needs and targets
· Discharge compliance with associated legislation; PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, LEV, PSSR etc.
· Working within the Health & Safety Regulations; Work at height, confined spaces, EAWR etc.
· Plan expenditure to an agreed budget working with the Maintenance manager
· Contribute and act upon the Autonomous and professional maintenance strategy to deliver continuous improvement throughout the business with respect to MRO
· Utilising the CMMS system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of works
· Provide daily/weekly progress reports on machine uptime as required
· Support RCA of events to eliminate reoccurrences
· Control 3rd Parties supporting MRO activities inc. review of RAMS, Certification and approvalsBenefits:
- Enhanced company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance + family
- Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
- Restaurant Discount Card
- Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
- Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
· Relevant Engineering qualifications; E.g Trade Apprenticeship, ONC or Higher
· Certified in compliance matters; E.g Machinery Safety, DSEAR etc.You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years About Aeropeople:
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs