Propel Finance is a disruptive challenger in Asset Finance, owned by Private Equity and led by a new and dynamic executive management team. We are a market leader in vendor finance, with outstanding technology and service offerings, supporting equipment suppliers across the UK with bespoke finance programmes. With regionally based direct customer asset finance offering, we plan to expand aggressively, currently supporting approximately 40,000 SMEs, growing at 10,000 per annum. We are a multi-award-winning business, growing revenues at 20% pa, with plans to double origination and balance sheet over the next 3 years.
The Head of BI & Analytics
is responsible for the provision, governance, and accuracy of all operational data including Credit Risk, Sales, and Operational metrics.
The role will lead on relevant projects as well as supporting strategic priorities of the business.Responsibilities:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Responsible of refining the Data and Business Intelligence Strategy and roadmap to ensure it meets the business priorities and objectives
- Ownership of the BI platform, all operational data requirements including data quality, analysis, and reporting
- Design and delivery of Operational, Sales Performance, Propensity and Insight Reporting through automated dashboards and SQL coding
- Marketing effectiveness and team performance monitoring and support activity
- Comprehensive analysis of the customer journey and provision of statistical insight into drop out points, new trends, sources of new traffic etc.
- Support with integrating marketing processes into current/new tools including automation of marketing workflows/campaigns as part of a CRM solution
- Understand disparate pieces of data and draw connections between them to build data-backed, commercially relevant arguments
- Support development of or enhance Credit Scorecard and Risk Models, and be able to effectively communicate outcomes and strategy to the business
- Build Credit Risk analysis for external and internal review, as well as ability to communicate insight for business understanding
- Support Data Science/Financial Analyst Development within the Graduate scheme, liaising with the Scheme provider and contributing to scheme strategy meetings. Ensure the graduate has a clear development path through structured and varied objectives
- Own and drive Data Definitions, understanding full data stack and reporting landscape, in order to support business reporting and queries
- Support Data Warehouse Developers in times of flux, coding where required and prioritising workload in collaboration with Head of Technology
- Proven experience in leading a small to medium sized Business Intelligence Team
- Highly analytical with strong capability in disseminating data into relevant and value add outputs
- Excellent communications skills - comfortable with delivering key messages to C-Suite audience and peers within the business
- Confident with excellent presentation skills (in a C level environment)
- Restless curiosity with a passion for leveraging data to effect strategic change
- Team player willing to operate as part of a fast paced, flexible and motivated team
- Comfortable with leading strategic change
- Educated to a degree level in a related field
- Awareness of Credit Risk/Scorecard Modelling and Monitoring
- Experience in Data Science, particularly use of R or Python (desirable)
- Experience using, configuring and interrogating CRM systems (Sugar, Salesforce etc)
- Expert SQL and Kimball/Inmon data warehouse methodologies
- Experience with Data visualisation software (Tableau/Qlik)
- Strong analytical skills including translation of key messages for a wider audience
- Strong data manipulation and transformation skills
- Knowledge of SME leasing / Asset Finance (desirable)
Supported by a business induction programme and on-going learning, plus the opportunity to work with a forward-thinking leadership team, this role offers you pace and development whilst operating as part of an ambitious team.
A note to Recruitment Agencies We kindly request that recruitment agencies do not submit CV's to us unless you have been invited to do so; to submit CV's to us, you must be an approved supplier of Propel with agreed contract terms in place, and receive instruction from us to source candidates for a specific vacancy. All speculative CV submissions made directly to the recruitment team or our hiring managers will be treated as gratuitous submissions. For the avoidance of doubt, any terms and conditions you seek to apply to your submission are expressly rejected. This gives us the right to directly contact any candidate speculatively submitted by a third party outside of our approved suppliers, and we will not be liable for any fees should we chose to engage with the candidate.