We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The Role.
Product Managers play a key role in supporting the overall success of Flix. The Flix Product Manager is responsible for establishing the product vision, creation of the product roadmap, delivery of that roadmap and communicating that value of Flix to clients. The Flix Product Manager will spend significant time in the market to build awareness of market needs and knowledge of user problems and workflows to guide design, development and delivery of successful product plans.
The PM supports communicating customer value through the creation of product messaging, demos and demo materials and presenting the product externally when needed.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, with the ability to communicate well with all areas of the company. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems as well as time in the data to validate and justify business cases and product performance.
This PM role is dedicated to Flix, working within the product management team that looks after other timeline-based tools at Foundry, specifically Nuke Studio, Hiero, and HieroPlayer. The Flix PM will report to the Senior Product Manager for Timeline tools.The Responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of the market and production workflows.
- Support in prioritising market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and prospects.
- Translate product strategy into features and requirements that add value to existing and potential users, grow market share and improve customer experience across the product line.
- Own delivery of various projects and initiatives that support all aspects of the business in delivering product success, such as creating and reviewing marketing content, developing sales tools, presenting at events, coordinating delivering of releases, and supporting customer support and development processes.
- Facilitate marketing/sales/channel/support training including product updates, competitive threats and related industry news
- Guide the creation of and create standard product presentations, demos, introduction videos, tutorials, training and evaluation walkthrough materials to be used both internally and externally
- Act as an Agile product owner:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the development team and product designers, clearly defining and communicating customer and business objectives, target use cases and additional context to assist the team in successfully delivering the feature roadmap.
- Own and maintain the team's product backlog to reflect priority changes and addition of new features
- Attend and be the voice of the customer in all relevant meetings, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- In partnership with the Team Lead and Senior QA, understands technical requirements, tracks progress and team efficiency, and removes blocks to successful delivery.
- Degree in VFX, Animation, Engineering or Computer Science an asset
- Technology management experience or VFX or animation production experience in a technical, artist or producer role
- Excellent knowledge of animation and/or pre-production process and applications
- Excellent knowledge of software development and demonstrated technical aptitude
- Proven leadership and project management ability, excellent business judgment, and the ability to develop trusted relationships
- Self-starter with the maturity to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and reputation for producing the highest quality of work
- Curious nature, constantly seeking out new information and skills
- Proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to drive to clear decisions
- Ability to balance multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytic skills and a record of measuring and analyzing results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- This role is based in our London office or remotely in a timezone with significant overlapping hours with London.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company's social events
- Beer O'Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry's discount & saving scheme