Oracle A-Team is a team of architects, software engineers, and technical solution architects within Oracle's SaaS product development organization. The team works on Oracle SaaS Platform architecture/development efforts and also on intiatives that allow SaaS to be extended and integrated easily using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and Oracle PaaS.
As a senior member of the team you will work on efforts such as re-platforming SaaS, standardizing existing identity architecture adoption across SaaS LOBs, improving CI/CD capabilities, and developing improved telemetry frameworks for our SaaS DevOps teams. You will be required to code regularly. You will also work closely with several engineering and product management teams across Oracle, bringing to table typical customer challenges and market demands that these products need to address. You will inherit the reputation of a highly respected team and engineering will treat you as one of their key conduit to customers and partners.
In addition to product development activities, you will engage in a variety customer facing activities such as collaborating with sales teams to win deals, architecting cross-cloud solutions, building POCs, advising customers, and resolving complex technical issues affecting customers. You will be working in a global team and will typically be involved in multiple engagements at the same time providing you a rapid exposure to varied customer landscape. Much of these engagements will be of high-visibility and high-strategic value, and require A-Team involvement due to the complexity of the required solution, and early stage nature of the products involved. You will partner with customers, System Integrators (SIs), Customer Success (CSM), support, and engineering. You will also be required to capture best practices and create collateral such as whitepapers, and blogs
Technical Area of focus
The role requires hands-on experience working with Cloud-native technology. This includes but not limited to areas such as Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Observability Tools, Functions, CI/CD frameworks, API Gateway, and IAM, Since you will report into the SaaS organization, a basic knowledge of SaaS (ERP, HR, CX, Supply Chain etc) is highly desired. You will use your cloud native knowledge to participate in product development efforts related to designing platforms for SaaS services. You will also use this knowledge to guide customers build bespoke extensions and integrations.
· 10+ years of experience in enterprise software development, consulting, or other solution delivery roles with hands-on technical experience.
· 5+ years of experience in either building a cloud service or actively architecting solutions using cloud services
· Prior experience in customer-facing roles is highly desired
· Deep expertise in Cloud Native areas such as Container Orchestration (Kubernetes), Service Mesh, Service Proxy, Observability Tools, Functions, CI/CD frameworks, API Gateway, Automation (Terraform) and IAM
· Knowledge of any Oracle or Non-Oracle SaaS Applications (ERP, HR, Supply Chain, Customer Experience, or Commerce)
· Coding Experience - Programming languages (Java, Go), Scripting (Java Script, Python), Integration skills (REST), and SQL
· Ability to clearly communicate thoughts - verbal and written
· Good presentation skills with high degree of comfort in communicating with developers, architects, and executive management.
· Self-starting individual with demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology
· A minimum of Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent
· Ability to travel to meet customers or attend conferences