are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office, initially working as part of our Main Works Civils High Speed 2 project team, by recruiting an experienced Planner.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Planner to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environmentMain Function of Job
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Planner to join our growing engineering team in Birmingham, to support a Major Infrastructure Project.
This position within our team will suit a committed and ambitious Senior Planner who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in growing a dynamic high-performance team. With a focus on the design of High-Speed rail infrastructure, the post-holder will be part of a growing team of UK management staff delivering projects for a diverse portfolio of UK clients.
The Senior Planner will be accountable for the planning of the programme on a project ensuring:
- Experience in Primavera and has managed large teams within a busy environment
- Identifying, analysing and delivering solutions for the client and project team
- Robust, Accurate Reporting both internally and externally
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
Working in collaboration with our partners and sub-contractors, the Senior Planner will be involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Building relationships with limited set of common clients and maintain regular client contact.
- Represent Project Controls, attend and present during client progress meetings.
- Producing compliant programmes that are logically robust, cost and resource loaded and covers the full scope of work across all stages of the project.
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner
- Ensure all planning processes and procedures are fully implemented on the project
- Identify project risks, deviations and slippages; reports and communicates issues to senior members of the Project Controls and Project Management team.
- Understand the workload, prioritising and allocating work.
- Identification and management of key input and output milestones,
- Identification of key internal interfaces and third-party interfaces.
- Check programme achievements and provide constructive feedback, leadership and management.
- Analyse current and future workloads to ensure Planning commitments can be achieved
- Conduct Risk workshops and undertake Schedule Risk analysis, present results
- Ensure Earned Value Management processes are followed data analysis and trend analysis.
- Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team as required
- Member of APM (Desirable)
- HNC/Degree in Relevant Industry Subject
- Experienced based skills in managing programmes within major infrastructure projects
- Competent User of Primavera
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary co-ordination across major infrastructure projects and global design teams.
- Development of innovative programming and reporting solutions
- Supervision of junior team members
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.SYSTRA is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and value applications from all.