The successful candidate is one who loves working directly with software developers to understand their needs, to design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate more effectively, securely and safely. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with Turnitin's Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Administrative teams to identify opportunities for improvement to our security posture.
You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You have hands-on experience in building, securing, and operating large scale systems. You will be part of an exceptional team of individuals managing infrastructure across the globe, working on the most challenging technical problems in EdTech.
- While representing the Security team, collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Support teams
- Contribute to the architectural design and implementation of the infrastructure Turnitin runs both on-premise and in AWS.
- Contribute readable, testable, maintainable and documented code when suggesting changes to our infrastructure through IaC systems like Terraform.
- Ensure systems relied upon by both external customers and internal teams are highly secure
- Several years of operational experience, spanning container orchestration systems (Kubernetes) as well as more traditional infrastructure (Linux VMs and bare metal hosts)
- Hands-on experience designing and building reliable and fault-tolerant service architecture
- Battle-tested experience and curiosity when evaluating and troubleshooting full-stack production systems (including network, storage and compute layers - as well as service dependencies such as DNS, DB, etc.)
- Some experience with continuous integration and delivery platforms such as CircleCI or Jenkins
- A strong understanding of microservices and distributed cloud architecture (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of application security principles with the ability to communicate security concepts to non-technical and technical audiences with ease.
- An incredibly organized, self-starting individual capable of driving deliverables through to completion
- Must embody a passion for learning to continually improve themselves and those around them
- Experience programming in languages such as Go, Java, Ruby or Python
- Previous experience coordinating penetration tests - preferred: Cobalt
- Experience with external audit. Preferably SOC with a focus on privacy
- Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
- Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Have experience in the management of security products
- Education technology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Please no agency submissions.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran's status.