My client is a globally recognised brand and rapidly expanding high street chain. They are currently looking for an ACA/ACCA qualified or international equivalent accountant with at least 2-3 years' post qualified experience to join their finance team based at their west London UK headquarters.
You will be working as part of the Financial Accounting Team preparing monthly management and year-end financial accounts on a timely and accurate basis in compliance with relevant legal, accounting (US/ITA GAAP) and tax regulations. Working closely with the local (Italian), EMEA & US accounting/finance teams, as well as key stakeholders in varying business units.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce monthly management accounts (US/ITA GAAP) on Oracle
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of accruals and other journals resulting from the meetings with the relevant stakeholders
• Comply with US GAAP and Italian GAAP filing requirements; adhering to requirements and reporting on differences between US GAAP & Italian GAAP
• Produce month end variance analysis and commentary on assigned profit and loss lines and balance sheet with support schedules
• Participate as required in the preparation of the monthly VAT; assembling data for the monthly, quarterly and annual filings
• Manage the winding down of open manual PO's and transfer any required information to Oracle
• Review, record and report on internal process and the appropriate controls in place to remain compliant with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
• Support the production of all required statutory accounts supporting schedules as required or assigned
• Support Daily inventory reconciliations
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Sound knowledge of retail inventory (Inventory management systems)
• Sound knowledge of US GAAP accounting (Italian GAAP a plus but not required)
• Strong double entry and book-keeping knowledge is essential and a good understanding of management accounting
• Ability to analyse large data sets with understanding and communicating the key message
• keen to understand and improve systems and processes
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Italian is a plus but not required
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.