Here's what you will do
As a managing consultant at DMW you are able and eager to apply your skills to a range of situations. Our technology architects are responsible for designing and delivering modern technology solutions for our clients. You will create an end-state architecture, define a roadmap to achieve the end-state and work closely with the delivery teams to build a technology solution which meets the proposed architecture.
At other times, you will be using your experience and lively curiosity to form a viewpoint for a client in the shape of an assurance report or a proposal.
We're growing fast, so we're looking for people who want to expand our architecture capabilities and take a role in developing themselves, nurturing others and supporting the business growth while maintaining our collaborative culture. Hours
Our hours are typically 9am - 5.30pm although this can vary occasionally depending on the client project you're working on. We also offer four days a work prorated for those interested in a shorter working week. Responsibilities
- Deliver cloud architecture projects on client engagements, working with innovative and scalable data processing and cloud technologies
- Understand the client's business, industry, and strategy to create an analysis of the current state, develop an end-state architecture and roadmap that meets the client's vision and needs.
- Present well-argued options and viewpoints to create alternative solution approaches.
- Provide technical leadership to development teams and guide the client in a way that allows them to understand technology in the context of their business.
- Keep up to date with individual Google Cloud product specialisations and certifications.
- Develop a working culture which allows diverse teams to collaborate in an inclusive manner where everyone's contribution is valued.
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in time without impacting delivery schedule.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology, and effectively support our Google Cloud partnership.
- Contribute to the recognition of the DMW brand through publishing viewpoints and attending industry events.
- Develop and mentor others and invest in continuing your own professional education
- Technically minded, pragmatic, and passionate about technology.
- A team player who enjoys both leading and working within teams of consultants and clients, sharing their knowledge and building skills and talent within the wider organisation.
- An understanding of the current technology drivers, future trends and concerns that impact business industry and society today.
- Experience of solving complex problems with wide and unclear initial scopes, creating consensus and helping stakeholders reach decisions, structure work and communicate complex information.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) familiarity e.g. Organisation, GCE, Cloud Storage, Stackdriver, etc. Ideally have a good understanding of the competitors on the landscape who compete directly with the Google Cloud, e.g. AWS & Microsoft Azure.
- Solid understanding of traditional and Cloud technologies including fundamental characteristics of cloud, cloud-native design fundamentals, best practices such as Google Cloud solutions reference architecture.
- Experience in technology architecture, able to help our clients assess their current technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmap.
- Experience of best-practice SaaS products that can complement existing architectures.
- Knowledge of network, storage and compute technologies and their applications and architectural patterns within both on-premise and cloud platforms.
- Able to bring to bear knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends in one or more industries.
- Experience in architecting digital and multi-channel technology solutions, covering all layers of the technology stack, from presentation through to physical infrastructure.
- Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops, and shown ability to influence others through persuasive communication.
This is what you get in return
- Have a professional GCP certification, e.g. Google Cloud Data Engineer, or Google Cloud Architect.
- Architecture, design, and implementation of Big Data technologies such as BigQuery, Bigtable, Spanner, Dataproc, PubSub and Dataflow.
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with serverless compute products such as Cloud Functions, Kubernetes, and Cloud Run.
- Experience with networking approaches and technologies within GCP.
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in Jenkins, Gitlab/Github, Cloud Build or equivalent source code management and CI/CD tools.
- Experience of automating infrastructure deployment; using any of Deployment Manager, Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet.
- A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
- A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
- A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
- 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
- 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
- Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated personal training budgets and time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
- A dedicated personal budget to choose the IT equipment of your choice.
DMW Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation's growth and success.