You are a technologist at heart. Have you ever wondered what you could achieve at a consulting firm that likewise has technology at its heart? It's not only about your knack for leading the technical design and delivery of modern technology architectures at our clients. It's about the vision and drive you know you can contribute to our fast growing company. It's about the freedom you get to shape your career in a small, independent firm. And it's about the people you meet here who want you to succeed.
Here's what you will do
As a managing consultant at DMW you are able and eager to apply your skills to a range of situations. Our technology architects are responsible for designing and delivering modern technology solutions for our clients. You will create an end-state architecture, define a roadmap to achieve the end-state and work closely with the delivery teams to build a technology solution which meets the proposed architecture.
At other times, you will be using your experience and lively curiosity to form a viewpoint for a client in the shape of an assurance report or a proposal.
We're growing fast, so we're looking for people who want to expand our architecture capabilities and take a role in developing themselves, nurturing others and supporting the business growth while maintaining our collaborative culture.
· Deliver cloud architecture projects on client engagements, managing teams of architects, technologists and third parties
· Understand the client's business, industry and strategy to create an analysis of the current state and develop an end-state architecture that meets the client's vision and needs
· Present well argued options and viewpoints to create alternative solution approaches
· Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state architecture and develop a roadmap to achieve the end-state
· Provide technical leadership to development teams and guide the client in a way that allows them to understand technology in the context of their business
· Develop a working culture which allows diverse teams to collaborate in an inclusive manner where everyone's contribution is valued
· Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in time without impacting delivery schedule
· Play a key role in supporting business development activities, as a technology subject matter expert, and maintain a network of professional contacts
· Contribute to the recognition of the DMW brand through publishing viewpoints and attending industry events
· Develop and mentor others and invest in continuing your own professional education
· Technically minded, pragmatic, and passionate about technology
· An understanding of the current technology drivers, trends and concerns that impact business industry and society today
· Keen follower of changes in the Microsoft eco system, passionate about Microsoft services and capabilities.
· Experience as a technology architect, able to help our clients assess their current technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmap
· Able to bring to bear knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends in one or more industries
· Expertise in architecting digital and multi-channel technology solutions, covering all layers of the technology stack, from presentation through to physical infrastructure
· Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops and shown ability to influence others through persuasive communication
· Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams
· A thorough understanding of cloud architecture and technology, preferably evidenced by a certification; Experience in delivering cloud-native applications on Azure.
· Previous experience of working with Azure active directory, Azure networking (including express route), Compute including webapps and Azure Kubernetes services and Azure storage services.
· Knowledge of integration technologies (e.g. API-M, Service bus, event hubs) and their deployment and hands-on experience in designing and delivering services using modern architecture patterns e.g. microservices, RESTful APIs, event-based architecture
· A tool chest full of consulting methods and approaches which allow you to work with a lose brief, create consensus and help stakeholders reach decisions, structure work and communicate complex data in a clear way
· Understanding of DevOps processes, ideally Azure DevOps, facilitating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using latest technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience in managing a team and developing talent with a focus on continuous improvement
· Ability to identify and build a capability and go-to-market offering for the firm
· An interest to contribute to developing sales proposals and future opportunities for the firm
This is what you get in return
We've grown consistently over the years and offer an entrepreneurial environment within which to embark upon an exciting career path, where your contribution really counts, and we will recognise it. With personalised development opportunities, experienced colleagues and exciting client assignments, progression can be extremely rapid for high performers. We are a social bunch of people and go out as a team on a regular basis. You can also expect:
· A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
· A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
· A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
· 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
· 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
· Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated personal training budgets and time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
· A dedicated personal budget to choose the IT equipment of your choice.
Here's a little more about us and what we value
Independent, award-winning and ambitious, DMW are a technology and management consulting firm that places a high value on people, which is why we have been recognised as a Great Place to Work™ consecutively for the last 5 years. We have a 30-year track-record of delivering complex, business-critical IT transformation projects moving seamlessly from strategy, design, delivery through to operations. We believe we offer a significantly better work-life balance than in other IT consultancies because you are involved every step of the way, making career decisions together.
DMW is widely recognised as the place where smart, technically curious, ambitious people who value their integrity and independence want to work. We offer rewarding careers to people who are driven by the desire to do exciting work for ambitious clients.
We have helped improve some of the biggest organisations in the UK and Europe across three core sectors: Finance and Insurance, Energy and Commercial and the Public Sector. Solving complex technology problems to create competitive advantage through the advanced application of Cloud, Digital and Data technologies; growing revenues, reducing costs, and improving efficiency and effectiveness for our clients.
DMW Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation's growth and success.