The EMEA MySQL marketing manager is a key role responsible for all of EMEA MySQL marketing activities, creating and executing campaigns and events to support the local sales teams. Campaigns and events will focus on generating new business, as well as nurturing and growing existing business.
We are looking for a motivated, and innovative marketer who enjoys having a broad marketing scope and enjoys working closely with a sales organization to deliver tangible results.MySQL Background
MySQL is the world's most popular open source database. Top companies such as Booking, Airbus, Lufthansa, Ericsson, Spotify, Credit Agricole, CERN and BBC News all run their online businesses on MySQL. Millions of applications and websites run on MySQL. As such, it is a high profile product within Oracle's portfolio. The MySQL Business Unit retains much of its small company culture - we're a friendly, fun, hard-working, and mutually supportive team.RESPONSIBLITIES
- Create, orchestrate, drive, and implement all aspects of EMEA marketing campaigns and events, live and digital.
- Work closely with worldwide MySQL Marketing management, to apply overall marketing goals and campaigns, and adapt them to the local markets. Communicate with management and the rest of the marketing team through a weekly status report, Zoom meetings, phone, and online applications like Slack.
- Team up with local senior sales management to create high impact marketing plans that build pipeline and align with MySQL's strategic and tactical business objectives. Communicate regularly with sales teams to gain buy-in and participation in marketing activities.
- Organize regional online activities (webinars/campaigns) leveraging existing content for new customer acquisition and nurturing of existing leads.
- Schedule/manage/attend Sales-focused Events, Community-focused Events, as well as Industry Events. Create campaigns to support the events and to bring people to the events.
- Collaborate with other Oracle and MySQL marketers (channel, partner, etc.) to leverage their activities and make sure the message is consistent and the activities are complementary.
- Drive the ROI of activities, tracking and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative metrics to determine impact. Use findings to develop and fine-tune plans. Present plans and ROI metrics to senior team and local sales teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Contribute insight and advice as the local marketing and regional expert in meetings; engage with sales and customers to understand their needs.
- Manage localization of marketing material (collateral, online assets, slideshows, etc.)
- Facilitate case studies submission by working closely with sales/customers. Follow through the case study journey by working with the different people and organizations involved in the case study process.
- Manage a budget and keep budget up-to-date by constantly keeping track and reporting your marketing expenses.
- 4-year degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant marketing or sales experience.
- Understanding of open source business models and how to market and sell open source solutions is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to execute a variety of marketing programs, including digital / social marketing campaigns that successfully engage target market segments and deliver bottom line results.
- Highly self-motivated, comfortable with broad responsibilities, and comfortable working as part of a geographically dispersed virtual team.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills - able to follow directions as well as form relationships with diverse individuals and groups (roles, cultures, geographies and time zones).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in-person and virtual.
- Ability to create marketing programs that engage C-level decision-makers and technical influencers.
- Willingness to work with the open source community (user groups, meet-ups)
- Solid understanding of business fundamentals, the technology market and dynamics. Ability to understand how technologies deliver business benefits. Industry-focused marketing experience a plus.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational and operational skills as well as dedication to quality are key.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Regular travel within the EMEA market required for in-person events.