The Director of Marketing & Ecommerce is a newly created leadership role, integral in commercialising the Vivida Lifestyle brand and accelerating growth & sales, while staying aligned & true to our brand values & deeper purpose. This role marries creative with commercial, curating our brand story to engage and to increase traffic & sales for the long-term development of the business.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated & capable of thriving in a growth-focused, start-up style environment. As Marketing & Ecommerce Director, you will be fully accountable for all cross-channel marketing activities, from digital data & analytics to organic community & creative campaigns.
You love everything ecommerce & marketing & are at your happiest when connecting and working with smart, passionate people taking developed creative concepts, bringing them to life through world-first, disruptive content that moves the needle. You enjoy building teams, growing culture & developing talent.
You are enthusiastic about all the responsibilities (and rewards) that come with building a start-up. You are a self-starter, able to embrace granular work, whilst building the big-picture organisation & structures to support a team that will grow. Keen when contributing to organisational structure and building the environment for our team to bring ideas to life, however 'blue sky' the thinking.
You are the Vivida customer: you are an adventurer, a dreamer, a thinker & a doer. You look for connection to adventure, freedom, balance, the planet, & yourself. You are active and inspired by the experiences that have enriched your life. You are part of the growing movement that believes a sense of wellbeing is multi-faceted, drawing from mindfulness, healthy living, & connection with nature.
You thrive within the realm of community & draw inspiration from others with similar values. Like you, our customer is looking to connect with a brand that empowers their lifestyle, enhances their sense of community, and provides an extension of their 'happy place' - making them feel good every time they pull a Vivida piece out of their closet or adventure bag.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Leadership & Strategy:
Full ownership of eCommerce channels (Shopify, B2B platform, Amazon)
Build out & manage a team of world-class marketeers responsible for collaborating with multiple stakeholders to help deliver against our wider vision & KPIs
Drive campaigns to proactively generate awareness, growth, conversions and retention
Manage content budget and critical path to develop and implement product go-to-market strategy. Collaborate with Global Engagement Director to drive inspiring, relevant & engaging messaging and stories that resonate
Ensure brand consistency & cohesion across all business efforts. Collaborate with the Product Team in pricing strategy & product/market fit optimisation. Help define best practice for how and when we launch new releases to market
Define, shape, & implement a longer-term marketing & ecommerce strategy to exceed company objectives and proactively seek opportunities to drive incremental growth, in terms of sales and fulfilling the deeper brand mission
Drive consumer insights & analytics. Spearhead the sharing of these learnings with team to provide a clear picture of customer. Accountable for data and evidence-based activities to scale long-term growth & ensure profitability. Champion business to take inspiration from brand purpose and from our customer's drivers & barriers, not backwards from gimmicks & fads
Manage assigned internal team as well as external contractors/agencies
Day to Day:
· Accountable for web sales & commercial targets
· Set visions & clear roadmaps on how to achieve business goals & KPIS
· Provide strategic insights & recommendations to increase conversion, sales & customer experience.
· Provide weekly reports with holistic summaries of performance & takeaways considering all device types, marketing programs, merchandising strategies, & promotions
· Provide quarterly deep-dive analysis & establish KPIs
· Continuously review product page & sales performance, reworking content & promotional plans to drive sales & engagement, identifying the best way to present features & benefits to end-users
· Ensure appropriate visual merchandising, considering UX, & the maintenance of sold-out & pre-order products
· Responsible for CRM strategies focussing on engagement & retention
· Identify key technologies & improvements for customer journey, UX & conversion funnel to refine customer acquisition & retention
· Troubleshoot issues across all ecommerce channels
· Manage segmentation of customer data
· Consistently optimise strategy across existing & new digital / performance marketing channels
· Activate best practices in digital marketing across functions: SEO/SEM, Performance Marketing, Paid Social/Media, Organic Social, data/analytics/tools, web & mobile UX, landing page & conversion optimisation, etc
· Optimise full-funnel customer journey and leverage data to unlock growth opportunities
· Manage acquisition strategies to attract quality traffic, managing the marketing budgets to ensure efficient ROAS
· Continually analyse ROIs & KPIs across digital marketing channels & platforms. Reallocate budgets & media mix based on results, share insights and prioritise workflow
· Review opportunities for digital advertising initiatives & affiliate partners
· Approve and oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, & other marketing-related projects
· Own the brand guidelines to ensure brand identity is protected in all marketing & sales functions
· Proactively apply learnings & strategies to other areas of the business for positive trickle-down effect
· Continuously ensure a fantastic customer service experience across all customer touchpoints
· Monitor competitive landscape and position Vivida at industry forefront
· Research & analyse market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, competitor products, & other relevant information to form marketing strategies
· Help structure process & best practices for thorough, consistent & personalised engagement with brand family (ambassadors, athletes, thought leaders, influencers, collaborators & content creators)
· Drive strategies for encouraging genuine positive word of mouth
· 10+ years working in Digital Marketing / Product Marketing / Marketing Strategy / E-commerce, with extensive knowledge & experience acquired in Shopify, SEO, PPC, Google Analytics, reporting & insights, store & web development management
· Experienced in mentoring & building out teams & a track record of driving online growth for a fashion, lifestyle, sportswear or premium consumer goods brand
· Organised, flexible, & hands-on; skilled at assessing priorities based on impact, effort & bandwidth
· Excels at critical thinking & effective decision making; balances long-term goals with short-term needs
· Highly analytical & data-driven; motivated by growth opportunities
· Assumes ownership, drives results & innovation; anticipates & overcomes challenges
· Good balance between sales & analytics / art & creative.
· Creative problem solver, proactively identifying roadblocks, demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills - strong habit of listening, motivating & praising/uplifting people. Like flowers, if you flourish them, they flourish.
· Enjoys working in a highly collaborative 'best idea wins' environment to execute whilst also juggling multiple priorities.
· Strong data interpretation & communications skills; proven ability to summarise and present complex findings clearly & concisely
· Aware that our future success is just as dependent on what 'opportunities' we say no to (distractions) as what we say yes to.
· Excellent leadership & project management skills; proven ability to build, manage & scale a marketing & ecommerce team along with directing the work of agencies & contractors
Competitive salary + exciting opportunity to earn Ordinary Shares.
The Vivida Lifestyle exists to inspire & empower one another to unlock our full potentials & live our best & healthiest lives doing what we love. Vivida Lifestyle was initially created as a purely passion-driven project, serving as a reminder & daily inspiration to live life to the fullest - always striving to find connection to & appreciation for the natural wonders that surround us. Our name, derived from 'Viva la Vida', is the basis of our philosophy in all that we do, support, & create. Our sportswear & gear is built to enhance your adventures, with travel-friendly, eco-conscious & built-for-you quality & style.
From humble beginnings of garage storage, our founder & his mum personally packaging & posting every order, to now being on track for £1.6M annual revenue, Vivida has come incredibly far. Vivida is no longer just a vision. It's a reality with a momentum of its own. It's not a story, a strategy, or an image with a manufactured message or purpose. Vivida is real. Those who know it, feel it, & keep coming back for more. Just as brands before us have pioneered new approaches to emerging markets & trends, so too will Vivida, at this perfect intersection of consumer awareness, a deep need for authenticity, sustainability, wellbeing & happiness... as a lifestyle.
Above & beyond your skillset & track history, what matters most to us is your character & your attitude. We're a family dedicated to building the best workplace culture possible. If you share our vision of positively impacting the world, Vivida Lifestyle could be the dream place for you.