Software Engineering Lead
£60k - £65k
Manchester (Currently remote due to Covid with ongoing flexible remote working)
This Software Engineering Lead role offers the ability to make a real impact on the success of a well known high street brand business in a critical area. You will have a direct opportunity to shape and contribute to short and longer term strategic roadmaps.
At the heart of their business are their customers. They are transitioning their existing online experience into something truly exciting and customer focused. They want customers to be able to easily, and simply manage their own online process to provide an amazing experience from start to finish.
Over the past year they have been developing a new micro-client frontend architecture using Next.js and React, to replace a hybrid of Rails, React and Backbone used in one of their monolith applications. They're now following suite by re-architecting another legacy monolith into modern micro-client frontends, enabling both customers and customer service partners a transformed online experience.
To support this, you'll be working closely with the UX team. Their new micro-clients are built on a Node.js platform running in Kubernetes powered by a CI/CD pipeline. Their goal is to create a scalable frontend architecture to rapidly create new brands and websites.
The Software Engineering Lead role:
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join and support the growth of the team. In the role of Software Engineering Lead you will take an active role in leading the growth of the software engineers' abilities and ensuring technical delivery.
As Software Engineering Lead you'll be a great fit if:
• You're passionate about developing people and helping them grow
• You are a hands-on engineer and love technology
• You are a software craftsperson and strongly believe in producing high quality, resilient services.
• You are a natural servant-leader and able to lead from the front
• You are nimble and able to adapt to new challenges quickly
• You are passionate about working in an Agile environment
• You are a polyglot thinker
• You believe in test-driven development
• You are proactive in seeking out and evaluating emerging technologies that can add value to the platform.
What we expect from you:
• Previous experience leading technical teams
• Demonstrable experience in technical delivery and Agile methodologies
• Experience in object-oriented software development, with excellent problem-solving skills.
We would also prefer:
• Experience of automation technologies
• Knowledge in networking and web communications
• Knowledge of cloud computing, preferably AWS.
Software Engineering Lead Benefits:
• The primary place of work will be the centre of Manchester. However after a successful switch to remote working due to the covid crisis, flexible remote working will be on offer long term.
• Generous discount on products
• Flexible working hours
• Dedicated R&D time & annual hack week
• Simplyhealth Optimise Health Plan and eye care contribution
• Travel to work scheme - interest free tram and train loans and cycle to work scheme
• Onsite subsidised coffee shop - barista-style coffee and snacks
• Food and drink discounts across a number of venues in Manchester City Centre
• Gym discount
• Share incentive plan
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
• Free bar every Friday PM
• Charity contribution - we match any funds raised by an employer for charity, doubling the total funds raised.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a Software Engineering Lead please 'Register your interest' through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role. Please do not apply unless you are already eligible to work in the UK. We do not respond to applicants who do not meet this criteria.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the UK across a variety of disciplines including Tech & IT, Design, Creative Advertising and Digital Marketing.