Systems Engineering Lead
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
- Delivery of resilient application stacks via "Infrastructure as Code" and other DevOps practices.
- Monitoring and on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications.
- Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues.
- Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams.
- Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Configuration Management tools - e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalents.
- Professional experience of working within the public cloud - Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Hands-on experience of Linux and Windows server including support and troubleshooting.
- System and application monitoring - e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios etc.
- Professional Experience with common source control tools - e.g Git, SVN
- Cloud Architecture and system design to solve key business problems and facilitate team goals.
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to act as a point of expertise, advise others in the team on best practise and impart knowledge.
- Maintain code assets using development versioning in code management platform.
- Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- Experience migrating application from on-premises to public cloud.
- Experience with Blue-Green deployment methodologies.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tools - e.g Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Experience working with containerised workloads such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Log Management tools e.g - Elastic Stack, Graylog or Splunk
- Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
- Use of Secret Management services e.g - Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with any high-level programming language.
- BSc Engineering/Computer Science or relevant experience.
- The opportunity to work on a full range of challenging and interesting technologies and help to conquer some of the next generation of problems in risk data analytics
- Get to make a real difference to our customers and society
- Help us to continually evolve and modernize our Technology stack, including contributing to our technology radar and the evolution of our products
- The opportunity to learn a multitude of technologies, including but not limited to: AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible, and Terraform
We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects