We are a strategic design and marketing agency that turns everyday businesses into distinctive and compelling brands. Our main specialisms are brand strategy & implementation, website design & development, and marketing delivery.
Our team of 13 is made up of seven web developers, a web designer, account managers, digital marketers and a Head of Creative and Head of Strategy. Due to the increased demand in our core services and ongoing support of client websites, we are embarking on an ambitious growth plan and currently seeking another Account Manager to join our growing team.
Our studio is based in rural Hartest (near Bury St Edmunds) and, in normal circumstances, our team would split the week by working there and from home. However, due to Covid-19, we're currently all working from home full-time and expect to continue doing so for a while longer.The Role
An Account Manager is responsible for overseeing client interaction and deliverables, managing and nurturing client relationships and needs, and evaluating expectations.
We are seeking an Account Manager with strong leadership skills and experience in client management. Your role will involve leading and supporting multiple client accounts, ensuring our work exceeds expectations and delivering an outstanding experience to our clients. You will need to possess active listening skills, think strategically, and lead on client conversations. In addition, you should excel at working within a team. Teamwork and collaboration is a vital aspect at Fellowship and an important part of our culture.
You will be required to help inspire creative ideas from our team while helping them bring their ideas to life. Working under the guidance of our Head of Client Services, you will help to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities accordingly. You will have experience in client management by managing day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple projects, both small and large. You will seek to possess a deep understanding of each client's business and objectives in order to capitalise upon opportunities to deepen client relationships and increase satisfaction.
- Full-time position (36.5 hours per week)
- You can work from anywhere within the UK, although you must be willing to travel to our studio when required
- Salary depending on experience
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple client accounts and projects.
- Manage work requests from clients and brief team members on the tasks required to complete client work.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to our Head of Client Services and team members.
- Regularly monitor progress and time logs on work requests and report back to clients.
- Maintain the commercial viability of the company by working with the team members to ensure the projects you manage are run efficiently and profitably.
- Proactively support the design and development team in leading internal briefing meetings on project kick-off.
- Organise and attend check-in points for large projects with longer timeframes.
- Monitor ROI / effectiveness and work with the project team on reporting, aligned with a reporting cycle agreed between yourself and the client.
- Identify and resolve internal and/or client risks as and when they arise and seek support from our Head of Client Services if they cannot be resolved.
- Ensure all agreed deadlines and client expectations are met, and where this is not possible, highlight immediately to our Head of Client Services.
- Review deliverables across projects and implement quality assurance procedures to ensure optimal attention to detail.
- Be self-sufficient in managing and organising your own time and workload.
- Be comfortable with getting involved in certain aspects of delivery.
- Assist in the daily tasks assigned by our Head of Client Services.
- Keep accurate logs of new work and create job numbers accordingly.
- Keep accurate logs of 3rd party costs such as website plugins/extensions, hosting fees, stock photos, etc.
- Provide our Head of Client Services with regular updates and pipeline projections on the accounts you manage.
- Ensure all clients are satisfied with their experience and output through regular contact.
- Regularly liaise with clients to grow long-term relationships and identify sales opportunities.
- Serve as a key participant in team and client meetings.
- Assist with forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, and utilisation across projects.
- Assist in the identification of new accounts.
- Assist in the evaluation and redesign of Fellowship offerings.
- Possess a thorough understanding of our service offerings and technical direction.
- Identify areas for internal improvement and assist with developing plans for implementation.
- Act as a link between the client and the agency and always act in the best interests of both parties.
- Support our Head of Client Services and/or the Director on pitches and tenders.
What we're looking for
- A passion to continually exceed client expectations
- A desire for continual learning and improvement
- A team player
- An ambition to be the best you can be
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial
- Experience of working in an agency
- Background in marketing, specifically digital marketing
- Sales training / skills / qualifications
- Experience in the following sectors: Logistics, eCommerce, Marine, Professional Services
- Experience of WordPress and/or WooCommerce
- 33 days, including public holidays
- Extended Christmas break
- Flexible working options - working hours and location
- Paid overtime
- Annual Christmas bonus
- Company profit-sharing scheme
- Pension (Government NEST scheme)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eastern Savings & Loan savings scheme
- Access to online learning platforms