Treasury Manager The Role and Person
- Hours are flexible (days negotiable)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our established Finance Team as a Treasury Manager on a part time basis.
The Treasury Manager is a key role within the Corporate Finance team with primary responsibility for all aspects of treasury management, the group funding position and supporting with strategy.
The successful candidate will support the Group Financial Controller by assuming primary responsibility for day to day liaison with funders, professional treasury advisors, values, charging and security solicitors and the internal customer base.
Key aspects of the role include ensuring all loan facility requirements are met on a timely basis, all funding is suitably securitised (achieving the best allocation of security), funding costs are minimised whilst maximising liquidity and ensuring sufficient available funds at all times to meet the business need.
Supporting the Group financial Controller in liaising with external advisors in the ongoing development of the group treasury strategy is key. The role is supported by the Payroll and Treasury Coordinator although there is no direct line management thereon.For a full job description please contact Katie.james@Accentgroup.org As Treasury Manager, a typical day might include:
The Must Haves!
- Working with colleagues within development and financial accounting to prepare, review and monitor short term (daily) cashflow forecasts
- Assisting in the development of the long term five and thirty-year business plan forecasts and to ensure robust medium term cashflow forecasting for the business
- Responsible for ensuring Accents compliance with all Funder's Loan Facility requirements, with particular focus on covenant monitoring and reporting. Provide information and reports to Funders as required under funding agreements or by reasonable funder request
- Using Accents chosen Treasury management tool (currently Savills) to maintain all aspects of interest rate management, including accounting for interest payments, strategies for hedging and loan rollover recommendations
- Developing the ongoing strategy to optimise the amount of security available, covering the efficient use of new and existing security, arranging periodic security valuations and recommending funding security structure
- Supported by the Payroll and Treasury Coordinator oversee the effective maintenance and use of AssetCore for intelligent security management (ISM)
- Supporting the Director of Finance and ICT and the Group Financial Controller in assessing and delivering refinancing opportunities or arranging new loan facilities, considering funding effect /requirements of major corporate transactions, working with external advisors / consultants as required
- Managing loan draw downs and repayments including maintenance of records and accounting entries
- Managing the day to day requirements of bond investors and the debt capital markets. Assume primary responsibility for maintenance of the investors area of the Accent website and any investor communications
- Maintaining full documentation library for all loans, to enable staff to readily ascertain the nature of any particular funding arrangement and any special features attached to that arrangement
- Managing bank account arrangements for the group (mandates, authority levels, online access)
- Assuming primary administration rights for the group bank accounts and ensure appropriate checks and controls are in place to minimise risk.
- Working with colleagues across the business to promote a positive control environment and ensure appropriate levels of fraud awareness are embedded
- Assisting Accounts Payable Team and the Head of Finance (Corporate) in reviewing ways of working to improve Treasury operations.
- Maintaining good Funder relationships, including responding to requests for information promptly
- Maintaining and report to the Executive and Treasury Committee as required, interest variance analysis, debt summaries and appropriate KPI's.
- Collating periodic economic updates to support strategic decisions in relation to funding and business planning
- Providing Treasury input into the annual development parameter review for utilisation by development colleagues.
- Preparing the annual weighted average cost of debt calculation and consolidated intercompany lending rate thereon
- Working with the Legal Team on Inter-Company Loans to ensure compliance, proper documentation and maintenance of appropriate records, including application of appropriate interest rates
- Assuming primary responsibility for the Accent Group credit card account to include liaison with card providers, maintenance of the card user list and authority thresholds and ongoing review and publication of the card holder policy
- Previous Treasury management experienceAppropriate qualification - ACT or CCAB with relevant experience
- Strong understanding of funding lines and approaches to accessing liquidity
- Understanding of databases and management thereon
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Minimum GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent
- Evidence of and commitment to CPD
- Equal opportunities and diversity awareness
- IT literate with advanced spreadsheet modelling skills
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Awareness of relevant current accounting standards
- Awareness of Accent's vision and strategic objectives
- Experience of presenting to boards and senior management teams
- Understanding of value for money
- Strong organisational skills and appreciation of audit requirements
- Empathy and respect for others (e.g. customers, colleagues, contractors)
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Positive attitude and commitment to good customer service
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm towards the role
- Positive/can do attitude
- Effective problem-solving skills
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely. When we are in a position to reopen our offices we are flexible on location however travel to one of our regional offices or head office will be required once a week. Our office locations are: Burnley, Camberley, Peterborough, Shipley and Stockton. Occasional business travel to London may also be requiredSalary
The salary will be prorated based on the hours of the FTE which is £49,937 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary. Benefits
Who are Accent?
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week (pro rata)
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable - our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values - we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic - are you? If you can do what's right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy 'With you for your Journey' sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation. Notice Period
2 MonthsInterview Date