Swytch is changing the way we move. We fundamentally believe that transport shouldn't cost the Earth - so we've made it our mission to make electric transport accessible to everybody.
Since launching in 2017 we have reached over 20,000 customers, across 50 countries who have collectively ridden over 1 million miles! Since then we have raised over $1.4M to scale our operations and secured a $400K Innovate UK grant to develop a next-generation hybrid eBike system for the future of shared electric vehicles.
Founded by Engineers and cycling enthusiasts Oliver Montague and Dmitro Khroma, Swytch is a close-knit team dedicated to creating low carbon transport solutions which are fun to use and good for the planet. We're now growing our team to keep up with the unprecedented demand for our technology, and to help us lead the electric transport revolution.
Check out our last indiegogo campaign Indiegogo Campaign - https //youtu.be/RGCNW2KOtIEThe Role
We are looking for a Head of Finance with a commercial outlook and strong analytical/reporting skills to join our 30 people strong start up as our first Financial team member.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Finance will create regular in-depth financial reports for analysis, be able to clearly explain finance in layman terms, build relationships with relevant business areas to understand their financial behaviours and provide counsel to senior management helping to make decisions about short and long-term business goals. This role will also be pivotal in the next stage of the company crowdfunding.
This role has the opportunity, with the right candidate and results, to progress to CFO with performance-linked equity incentives.
High level responsibilities include
- Partnering with department leaders to provide reporting on spend and resource planning.
- Work with Senior Management to forecast sales and revenue and crucially cashflow.
- Lead the company wide annual budgeting process and ownership of the short and long-term models.
- Create monthly reports measuring the health of the company.
- Partner with Senior Management to help drive sound decision making.
- Develop and standardise board level/Investor reports and presentations
As you are the whole financial team, you'll be required to be hands-on and day-to-day responsibilities will also include
- Liasing with 3rd party accounting teams to oversee and review day-to-day book-keeping in Xero.
- Working with Xero + 3rd party cash flow reporting tool to manage and forecast cash flow.
- Work directly with funding partners to always have access when required to loan/RCF/Bond/Equity funding options to fuel the business growth.
- Work directly with payment providers to manage payment platforms including financing providers to offer monthly payments on sales.
- Implement and manage a budgeting process, working closely with operations.
- Work closely with operational teams to harmonise manufacturing and order management operations databases to ensure accurate accounting of costs and revenues against pre-order batches. Including tracking and allocating and accruing for manufacturing costs, import costs, distribution costs, refunds, etc.
- Assist with the rollout of a new ERP and MRP system that must integrate directly with our Xero accounting system.
- Analyse sales, marketing and cost/fulfilment data to help make decisions on product and pricing strategy.
- Manage our bank accounts, currency transfers, employee cards and expenses.
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team and the customer, that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience.
- An 'enabling' approach to financials.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a finance roles for consumer companies.
- Ideal candidates will have a consistent track record of outstanding financial and strategic analysis and delivering meaningful recommendations based on this analysis.
- Proven experience in using initiative in anticipating and exceeding business demands. S/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Strong communication skills to tell a story using financials and to demonstrate the future vision of the company.
- Previous experience taking detailed information and synthesising to create Investor presentations.
- Aspirations to go beyond finance and understanding every part of the business to provide elite partnership across the organisation.
- Previopus experience in operations or manufacturing will be a benefit.
- 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance required, MBA preferred.
- Unparalleled opportunity to develop your career rapidly through exposure to all company areas in a flat structured start-up.
- Typically flexible remote working environment; come sit in our office in East London and enjoy a daily free lunch or work from home in the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the UK.
- Open and transparent company culture giving every employee direct access to our founders and our quarterly business reviews.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- An annual program of wellbeing activities.
- Annual training budget per employee.
- An Oculus Quest VR headset so you can join our weekly virtual socials.
- Electric Penny Farthing Lessons.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace our differences. We aim to be diverse in our people, our thinking and our innovation. We strive to create an inclusive culture, building a company and products that are making a better world for everyone. If you want to be part of the electric transport revolution, apply now.