The Marketing Excellence marketing manager works across the Science Group marketing structure, to drive alignment and consistency in the delivery of marketing excellence through all processes and projects.
This operational role is responsible for optimising the performance of the marketing team through planning, processes, ways of working, technology, training, development, talent management and reporting, in order to improve productivity, engagement, effectiveness and efficiencies across the function.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Excellent, the role will support strategic and developmental insight to drive best practise and knowledge (including guidance on brand and tools) to drive KPI's across the whole marketing team.Duties include:Capability, engagement and recognition
Support the Head of Marketing Excellence to build equip all members of the science group marketing team through:
Effectiveness and reporting
- Onboarding: Ensuring new colleagues (New hires and acquisitions) are onboarded effectively with a good understanding of product, processes, people and tools. (New hires and acquisitions/ integrated colleagues)
- Ongoing training: Assisting all team members with their gaps in knowledge. Including products, processes, people and tools. Promoting personal development opportunities across the team.
- Personal Development: Ensuring line managers are promoting personal development opportunities to their reports. Point of contact for Clarivate initiatives, share and promote.
- Recognition: Lead on encouraging and monitoring recognition on applaud and other recognition initiatives (marketing team awards, CMO colleague of the quarter etc)
- Sharing of best practice: Providing an opportunity/ space for the team to share best practices/ recognition amongst the team. Using best practice to update onboarding/ ongoing training initiatives.
- Support the Head of Marketing Excellence to work with both the Central Marketing and the Marketing Analytics teams to create a clear, consolidated and regular cadence of reporting.
Brand and best practise
- Planning: Central point for a collated view of activity as well as delivering a consistent reporting approach across marketing teams, campaigns and tactics. Defining a central report structure to universally agree on best practise examples, as well as demonstrating opportunities for optimisation.
- Annual planning: Assisting with a top-level view of cross marketing plans and activity. Ensuring communication of plans and minimizing duplication.
- Reporting: getting a clear and objective reporting system in place (working with Central marketing and Ops teams). Performing a cadence of reporting for the wider team.
- Acquisitions: Working with central teams to project manage
- Support the Head of Marketing Excellence to assist with branding duties, ensuring a consistent and customer centric experience of the Clarivate brands, including:
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Project management: Work with marketing managers and other stakeholders to ensure a rigorous project management approach to all marketing related activities and initiatives, including new product introductions, phase-outs and marketing communications campaigns, incorporating key performance indicators and project milestones.
- Brand: Branding point of contact, answer questions or provide answers from other areas of the busness.
- Be a Science Group partner in driving Clarivate brand-rollout, change, future brand initiatives, clean-up initiatives and legacy migration.
- Encouraging the sharing of high performing/ best practice examples from across the business