We are working with a major UK Insurer who is seeking a Reserving Actuary to join their team.
Ideally you will be Fully or nearly qualified actuary, who possesses thorough and detailed knowledge of personal lines reserving.
Some key responsibilities will include
- Meet with regulators and auditors to satisfy them as to the adequacy of reserves and solvency
- Conducting regular reserve reviews on both the motor and household accounts
- Reporting of reserving results to the Board, reinsurers/ coinsurers.
- Preparation of claims, exposure & premium data for reserving, and preparing reconciliation checks
- Oversight of the external reserving activities conducted by Insight Risk.
- Facilitating the actuarial aspects of the company's annual audit.
- Oversight of Solvency II; feeding into the company's Capital and Solvency II processes.
- Working closely with the pricing team, to ensure reserving outcomes are fed into pricing.
- Provide support to other functions in respect of pricing, claims and reinsurance, as required.
Based on these duties is it s essential that you
- Possess thorough and detailed knowledge of personal lines reserving.
- Are able to set up a reserving process, automating as much as possible
- Be proficient at ResQ, SQL (or other programming language) and Excel
- Have strong influencing and communication skills.
- Have attention to detail
- Have a minimum of 5 years insurance experience, particularly reserving personal lines products
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills