We are looking for an experienced and RF Filter Engineer to join one of our partners who are World leaders in Space & Defence communication systems. In this role, you will be assisting the design development of a communications payload for a satellite constellation.Position:
- Design and develop filters, as part of the team, to be integrated into subsystems as part of the project team contributing to the system design
- Undertake technical definition of RF filters covering several technologies including SSS, Combline, Waveguide and others.
- Filter development timescales and costing for RFQs and projects as part of the RFQ and project teams
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for filters to other engineers
- Ensure that the product requirement is captured and planned as a series of engineering tasks.
- Perform detailed design to the component and module level.
- Facilitate and encourage appropriate technical discussion and broad communication of new ideas.
- Be responsible for achieving the requirements, including cost objectives, of each product development project as detailed within the Customer order documents.
- Maintain visibility of the design approach and ensure that the implemented design will meet the product requirement through review.
- Technical content and responsibility for filter RFQs and filters as part of system and subsystem RFQs
- Experience in the design of complex RF microwave filters and subsystems used within the Defence, Communications or Aerospace Industry.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of Lumped Element, SSS, Combline and Waveguide filters over a wide range of frequencies
- Understanding of mechanical design through development and product transfer.
- Experience with EM simulation tools for filter design CST, HFSS etc.
- Knowledge of engineering processes and practices
- Experience with other microwave design tools AWR, ADS etc.
- 6 months initial contract (likely to extend)
- Immediate start
- Inside IR35