DescriptionAbout Global Citizen:
Global Citizen is the world's largest movement of action takers and impact makers dedicated to ending extreme poverty by 2030, and is the organization behind some of today's largest pro-social cultural moments including One World: Together at Home , Global Goal: Unite for Our Future , the Global Citizen Prize and the Global Citizen Festival. With over 10 million monthly advocates, our voices have the power to drive lasting change around sustainability, equality, and humanity. We post, tweet, message, vote, sign, and call to inspire those who can make things happen to act - government leaders, businesses, philanthropists, artists, and citizens - together with improving lives. By downloading our app, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards with tickets to concerts, events, and experiences all over the world. To date, the actions of our community, along with high-level advocacy efforts and work with partners, have resulted in commitments and policy announcements from leaders valued at over $48 billion, affecting the lives of more than 880 million people. For more information, visit globalcitizen.org.Job Description
- Reporting to the Global Head of Public Relations the objective of the PR Director, EMEA, is to protect and promote Global Citizen's brand in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. This is done through proactive and thoughtful sourcing and pitching of news from and for the organization, and building and maintaining a network of journalists and social influencers with which these stories can be shared with. The job requires tight management skills and the ability to nurture a team of outside press officers and agencies.
- Other facets of the job include relaying information and news to the Global Head of Public Relations, working closely with internal communications, and oversight of media relations for Europe / Africa Markets, and communicating the organization's strategic plan to media.
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- Oversees and facilitates PR strategy for the EMEA region, with a focus on our presence in the UK, France, South Africa, and Nigeria. For our presence in Germany, this role will work in partnership with the Senior Communications Manager to provide support where needed.
- Manages day-to-day of retained public relations agencies and contractors in the markets.
- Promotes Global Citizen in-market with the press by sharing results, important commitments, events, announcements, and other relevant news.
- Coordinates directly with Country Directors, and works with marketing, rewards, policy and partnerships teams to identify and create media opportunities, highlighting our issues and campaigns, and leveraging key dates to drive coverage around GC initiatives (e.g., Global Citizen Prize, Waislitz Awards, etc.).
- Coordinates media communications (i.e., interviews, press releases, and media events) relating to Global Citizen in the Europe / Africa Markets.
- Coordinates staff member participation in public-facing events, such as panels or keynotes in the Europe / Africa Markets.
- Works on ad hoc projects in the Europe / Africa markets as they develop
Other Skills And Qualifications
- Experience Level: 5 - 7 years in the sector or role - related field
- Experienced professional with expertise in media relations
- Able to formulate strategy and administer policies, processes, and resources within specific programmes
- Proven to execute projects autonomously but may require support on problem solving or analysis of unique areas without precedent
- Provides supervision to junior level staff
BenefitsWhy Global Citizen?
- Understanding of the global news landscape and state of reporting on international development
- Considerable experience writing for digital channels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly
- Strong listening skills and ability to anticipate potential problems
- Passionate about global development and engaging audiences with GC's brand
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and entrepreneurial in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to juggle and respond to competing priorities
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make thoughtful recommendations
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player, proactive, and a "can do" attitude that is supported by an inclusive style that energizes and mobilizes the team
- Maintain a commitment to eradicating extreme poverty by 2030
- UK-based location is preferred
In this coming decade of action and accountability, Global Citizen will be the leading international voice, educator, and influencer that rallies humanity to take full responsibility and accountability for eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. You have a chance to contribute and make this world a better place for all.More Details
- Must be authorized for employment in the United Kingdom
Global Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Global Citizen strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Global Citizen complies with the relevant country laws governing employment nondiscrimination in all our international offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.