Please note that we are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
This role is to act as the lead for Education with Labs and life science experience ensuring that best practice is applied to all projects required within the sector. Working with other experienced technical specialists to ensure best practice, innovation and design excellence is maintained and tested.
The Education/sciences Lead, will be heavily involved in major projects through the early stages of the project to assisting in setting the strategy, identifying innovation and ensuring best practice. Following involvement in the early stages of projects you will then become part of the internal reviewing process from an MEP perspective, advising the senior management team.
The Education/sciences Lead is expected to play a significant role in the leadership of the sector in relation to Education/sciences. They will represent the sector at meetings (internal and external), and they will be expected to contribute to the corporate business strategy linked to this sector. They will plan long-term business focused solutions in relation to Education/Labs and can identify potential projects and procure work independently within their specialist field.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Should be able to run a project with fees of £2million+ - £5million with little intervention from a director
- Play a significant role in the leadership of the team and in growing the sector
- May represent the sector at Board level meetings
- Contributes to corporate business strategy
- Leads on company-wide projects/activities
- Plans long-term business focused solutions
- Can identify potential markets and procure work independently
- Takes responsibility for arranging internal briefing meetings with all disciplines and internal support group engineers, on project start up and regularly throughout the life of project design
- Has the ability to run workshops with the Architects (and other relevant consultants) immediately following appointment and throughout the life of the project when required
- Takes responsibility for producing a design programme in conjunction with the Project Leader(s) and co-ordinating this with the relevant teams to sign off and reporting against progress to the rest of the team(s) at project meetings.
- Holds regular meetings during each week thereafter with the engineers to review progress and key project issues, to ensure these are being actioned accordingly
- Ensures that designs have been checked against the brief, fire strategy, industry guidance and regulations etc.
- Has a good awareness of dynamic thermal modelling;
- Has the ability to think outside their specialism and integrate multi-disciplinary requirements into holistic co-ordinated solutions;
- Ability to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects;
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.