Farrow & Ball - Health & Safety Advisor - Retail , 6-month FTC - Field Based
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside, and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we have never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Health & Safety professional to join our Global H&S Team on a Fixed Term Contract for 6 months. This is a full time 40 hours per week position and will be worked remotely.
Reporting into the Human Resources Director - as the Health & Safety Advisor - Retail, you will, with the support of the Head of Market and the relevant Regional Manager, review the current risk assessments across Farrow & Ball's Global Retail network, focusing, specifically on the pandemic.Key Responsibilities of Health & Safety Advisor -Retail:
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments across all Farrow & Ball Showrooms globally including COVID, COSHH, formally documenting health, safety and quality inspections and audits.
- Managing and advising on good SHE practice across all retail locations globally via internal remote auditing.
- Recommending and supporting implementation of actions on the back of the risk assessment review and audits. Focusing on both processes and behavioural actions.
- Actively working with showrooms to ensure the safety of employees.
- Working with Central Retail Operations to lead ongoing development and review of SHE policies and procedures for our trading operation, including people planning (matrix of specific responsibilities for H&S across retail) and training (ensuring everyone has the skills to meet these responsibilities, plus promoting a culture of learning and embracing safety first).
- Supporting Managers with the development, periodic review and maintenance of safe working relating to COVID-19
What you can expect from us
- Previous experience working within a retail Health & Safety environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of risk assessments specifically related to COVID-19.
- Must be prepared to work as part of the team and assist or carry out other duties during periods of high workload, sickness, holidays, and emergencies.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the retail network when is safe and appropriate to do so.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to successfully plan and manage own time and workload.
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 24 days' annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Employee Share Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
- Free tea and coffee
We are an equal opportunities employer.