Meddbase is an online digital healthcare framework which has been designed and developed by Medical Management Systems Ltd.
In 2004, we created a comprehensive healthcare web-application that runs all aspects of a medical practice, from GP practices up to large hospitals groups. Our product enables single and multiple location private medical practices to connect securely to their data from any location worldwide. The business is thriving and we are proudly the leading online medical management system on the UK market.Purpose of the role:
We are looking to grow our Solutions Engineers Team as the need for bespoke configuration and expertise in the Meddbase application has increased significantly. Our client base is diverse and includes insurance companies, private practices, occupational health providers, hospital groups and various entities co-operating with the NHS. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to learn and work on cutting edge technologies, as well as contribute to several key IT-driven solutions in the healthcare sector.
To be a successful candidate, we expect an inquisitive mind with the drive to explore the platform, in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. As part of the SE Team, your role will be to build new, maintain and update existing solutions for our customers. These solutions are based on bespoke system configuration that matches the desired business process, meets requirements criteria, or allows the client to adhere to healthcare-specific standards and regulations. They will be delivered via the core Meddbase platform, as well as its adjacent microservices and backend configuration. Our Solution Engineers are therefore extremely experienced in all aspects of the platform, as well as a wide range of tools, techniques and industry best standards.
Having a strong technical background will be useful in this role. The Meddbase Application can be quite technical in places; for example, we have a rule-based billing engine which can offer a huge amount of pricing flexibility to our clients, or a system of scripted user workflows. In order to deliver a solution, there will be a certain amount of design required, as well as the configuration of different system features. Additionally, you will be required to test your changes and constantly check if the work you deliver is aligned to its corresponding higher-level processes and requirements.
Interpersonal skills will be highly useful in this role. In addition to contributing to a portfolio of projects, you will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders, managing the implementation, creating documentation and sometimes leading the customer through the solution relating to the project. You will also be a 3rd line support for any product issues which cannot be resolved by the Meddbase Support Team.
Excellent documentation planning and organising will be paramount to completing projects. After leading clients through an implementation, you will provide project closure documentation and handover notes to the Support Team, so that they can offer support and understand the direct effects of the solution when clients require support. You will also be expected to document any existing features missing from our knowledgebase and keep existing materials up to date.
Strong team ethics are invaluable in this role as you will typically collaborate with the wider team (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Support) so that you are both supported and give support in various aspects of your role. As your knowledge of the product grows, we anticipate that you'll share your insights with the Team. In time, we hope that you will mentor and support new recruits.
Occasionally, you may be asked to travel to client's sites or act as a company representative when attending industry-related conferences, workshops and seminars.Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working with clients to understand their requirements and business workflows, and documenting these to determine the scope of each solution.
- Whenever needed, exploring 3rd party systems and working with 3rd party organisations to build solutions in Meddbase.
- Keeping a good flow of communication with your stakeholders so they are informed and engaged at every stage of the project.
- When needed, conducting research required for the project deliverables.
- Keeping on top of product upgrades and new releases; exploring various parts of the system and learning how to build solutions that utilise them and fit into the wider scheme of client processes and requirements.
- Using the best industry standards and practices to deliver solutions utilising a variety of technologies and tools.
- Writing documentation and keeping existing documents up-to-date. Capturing all technical aspects of projects.
- Building and maintaining documentation to support each stage of the projects you are responsible for, e.g. Statements of Work, technical notes and closure documentation.
- Building effective working relationships with your MMS colleagues.
- Working proactively with the assigned Project Manager and the Development Team to ensure that all sprints are completed in time and within the scope agreed.
- Providing project status updates to the Client Services Manager as requested.
- Managing confidential and proprietary client information.
- A few years of experience in a technical environment or some prior work experience related to software implementation, tier 3 support, software integration or testing.
- Fundamentals of computer networking and protocols such as TCP, SFTP, HTTPS.
- General understanding of SOAP and REST APIs, HTTP methods, different request and response formats is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of common data formats used in healthcare, such as XML, HL7, JSON, DICOM, CSV.
- Knowledge of cloud fundamentals - concepts and models - is desirable.
- Fundamentals of front-end web development and technologies such as HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry is desirable but not essential.
- Practical understanding of the Agile methodology.
- Practical knowledge of Git and IDEs.
- Experience with analysis and creation of technical documentation for processes and workflows.
- Working well within a team - supporting and collaborating with each other.
** Medical Management Systems is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability status.