Senior DevOps Engineer
This role is a Senior DevOps Engineer, to facilitate continuous delivery of quality software using DevOps practices and principles. The role requires a broad cross section of skills and the ability to work in a consultative manner. You will be working is working with an Equal Experts team and clients on-site to ensure that the right practices are in place and to take the lead on automating as far as possible.
This is a hands-on role, actively pairing to share knowledge and increase delivery teams maturity around Operability.
- A background utilising DevOps practices to enable Continuous Delivery
- Collaborative skills - being open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Scripting language or coding experience (Including bash and one other language)
- A strong technical background in build, release and environments, with experience of CI tools like Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM
- Strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier JVM & .Net applications (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Understanding of telemetry practices (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS)
- Expertise with software build tools
- Experience of running software in production
Does this sound like the kind of opportunity you want?
We look forward to hearing more from you.......Equal Experts - Making Software. Better.