ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
An experienced and talented developer is required to join our existing software development team. The role involves the development of innovative and bespoke software solutions and also the maintenance of the existing software platforms.Key Responsibilities
- Designs and build component-based applications in a web/internet delivery environment.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications.
- Design, develop and support of applications using current and new development technologies.
- Scope, implement, test and deploy new features and versions of core applications, databases and utilities.
- Perform hands-on coding and designing of solutions that meet our business goals.
- Raise issues during sprint development cycle
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Work with Business Analysts to collect and document user's requirements, development of user stories, producing estimates for each change.
- Assist with providing third-level support to business users.
- Write design technical documents
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Commercial experience of server-side Java 6-8 (likely to be gained from at least 3 years of professional experience), certification would be beneficial
- SQL (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Experience of implementing API's that utilise SOAP / REST
- Knowledge of Automation toolsets
- Experience of deploying applications to AWS
- Spring, Hibernate, Git, Scrum/Agile Methodology
- Exposure to Google's GWT/GXT
- Experience of deploying applications to AWS
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience of the Insurance industry (especially Motor Claims) would be beneficial
- Experience of .NET core
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice