HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products and services are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. HCL also takes pride in its many diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, and education initiatives. Through its worldwide network of R&D facilities and co-innovation labs, global delivery capabilities, and over 150,000+ 'Ideapreneurs' across 49 countries, HCL delivers holistic services across industry verticals to leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000. We are expanding and looking to hire professionals to join us in this journey.
We are looking for a on-site Desktop Operations Manager that will oversea the local desktop operations function and co-manage relationship with our client
Primary responsibilities are :
· Desk side Support Management
· Manage Team that provide Incident Management, Request Services to our client
· SLA Management including Incident and Requests
· Oversee Local desktop operations (Productivity, queue management, escalations, aged tickets, shift coverage, incident/request validation, general quality, Asset Tagging and Inventory Management )
· Engage with Vendor delivering Field Services to 1300+ Branches
· Customer Relationship Management
· Regular meetings with Team and Client
· Work with other members of the global management team in Desktop Support and Service Desk to enhance the delivery globally.
· Provide leadership to the Desktop Support Team including coaching as required
· Reporting and MIS
· Assist with scoping small/mid sized projects and oversee
Skills, Experience and Qualification Required
· Ability to interact with staff/customers so as to ensure that the service is polite, efficient and responsive as the contract required
· To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
· Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization,
· Understanding of Financials, including cost control, project revenue/costs
· Speak Local Language and English Language. Any other European Languages are an advantage
· Strong customer service and team management skills
· Ability to manage/motivate people and teams,
· Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
· Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills at senior level,
· Relationship Management - internal and external customers, Flexibility, Presentation Skills and Team Skills
· Flexibility with respect to time - client deliverables need to be met with a Can do attitude
· Excellent problem solving / quantitative/ analytical skills
· Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
· Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
· Ability to write business cases and justification documents, Ability to manage multiple work streams
· Ownership and Drive, Ability to make difficult decisions, Multi -Tasking, Ability to Prioritise, Working Under Pressure, Impartial - Working on behalf of Clients
· Excellent understanding End User IT infrastructure - Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone and industry wide operating systems and applications i.e Windows 7
· Detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure in a Corporate Environment - Server/Network/Database
· Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e Windows 7, MS Office, Outlook etc
Minimum Qualification and Experience
· 8 years End user computing experience , with at least 3 years in a management role leading a team(s)
· Strong Analytical and Data Analysis Skills using Microsoft excel (pivot tables/vlookups etc..) and other reporting tools
· Exposure to Finance i.e Budget Control, Project Pricing Proposals.
· ITIL professional will be preferred
· Ideal candidate would have exposure to project management (desktop deployment, migration projects)
· Ideal candidate would be expected to have a 3 years experience of IT Infrastructure in a corporate environment
· Ideal candidate will have previous vendor management experience
· Ideal candidate would be expected to have a 3 years experience of Troubleshooting tool, preferred tool ServiceNow with CMDB module
Need to have detailed knowledge and manage resources (on-site/field) at various locations in the region to complete the below activities :
· Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, PDAs, BlackBerrys, and LAN cable drops
· Providing 2nd line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
· Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
· Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
· Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
· Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
· Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
· Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
· Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
· Ensure all tools are used in line with policies and procedures, including Incident, Request, Knowledge Management and Knowledge Management
· Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades (workstations)