Head of Business Systems
Full time, permanent
Salary up to £65,000 - £73,000 per yearWho are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers.
The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.Role Overview
The primary objective of the role is the continued evolution of the Business Systems team, driving and supporting Tes' business transformation into a SaaS company, whilst simultaneously managing and supporting the day-to-day use of its business systems.
An essential part of the Head of Business Systems role is acting as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders and defining a strategic roadmap accordingly. Keeping a "big picture view" across multiple systems and recognising key dependencies is key. This role acts as one of the main conduits between business and technology.
Reporting to the Business Improvement Director, the Head of Business Systems is a member of the Business Improvement management team and part of the CTO's wider Technology department together with Product Development and Technology Services.Key Role Responsibilities
This role is responsible for owning, developing, and managing the back office systems used by Tes. Whilst the focus is currently on driving business change and improvement through its technology and processes, maintaining a high level of BAU service for all systems in parallel is equally as important.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Managing systems (technical)
- Managing service (BAU)
- Managing business change
- Managing internal stakeholders
- Managing suppliers
- Managing the team
What do you get in return?
- 5 -10 years' experience of line managing technical systems teams successfully.
- +5 years' experience of managing a broad range of ERP/business systems (CRM, HR, Finance, Marketing, Service Management etc)
- Excellent understanding of business processes within a commercial setting for the aforementioned areas.
- Experience of driving the implementation and optimisation of agile methodologies.
- + 5 years' experience of managing third parties (SaaS providers and integration partners).
- Experience of managing teams successfully through business transformation.
- Ability to multi-task (juggling multiple streams of work across multiple systems and departments.)
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, with a proven record of managing key stakeholders up to and including CEO level.
- Experience of managing teams and initiatives in a midsize to large matrix organisation.
- Experience of managing teams in a global 24x7 service organisation.
- Strong analytical skills, including process management and data architectures.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Experience of working in a SaaS company or the Education/Ed Tech sector is advantageous.
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to a range of benefits via My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free fruit delivered to the office weekly
- Free breakfast cereals
- Free soft and hot drinks
- Free eye care cover
- Free Westfield Health cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Paid for monthly nights out
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.