Feast It is using technology to build a better global events industry.
We've built a curated platform connecting the best suppliers to the most exciting events, from dinner parties for 20, to nationwide virtual events for 2,000, and right up to the UK's most famous festivals. We believe that every event deserves incredible food, drink and entertainment and we are building the technology to unlock it for everyone.
We've brought together an incredible community of the nation's finest event suppliers, from independent photographers, mixologists and florists, to the finest chefs and restaurants in the world such as Nobu, Bao, and Honest Burger. And yes, joining us means a lot of free food and tickets to events...
Only three years into our journey, our clients include everyone from Amazon, Nike and London Pride, to Tom Cruise, Star Wars and Taylor Swift. We have seen nothing but rapid growth and were recently named the 7th most exciting startup in the UK, were finalists in the 2019 Natwest Entrepreneur Awards, have been featured in pretty much every major publication including; The Guardian, The Times, Techcrunch, The FT and have been named in the top 15 in Tempo's 50 Best Places to Work. We have also attracted more than £5m in funding from some of the UK's finest investors including Tim Score (Chairman of British Land), MAHR Projects, Ascension Ventures, Guy Berryman (member of Coldplay) and Richard Pennycook (Former Hut Group Chairman and Co-op CEO) who has joined us as Chair.
If you're a hungry, ambitious, status-quo challenging self-starter looking to change an industry, you'll fit right in and we want to hear from you.Requirements
We are on a mission to build the technology to power the best events in the world, connecting the most incredible suppliers with the most unique events. It is vital that our platform has the features to make us integral to both our customers and suppliers, this role has a huge part to play in this.
With an established product and engineering team, we've made huge strides forward, evolving from a simple catering agency to a holistic platform, but we're still just at the beginning of our journey.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to help us build the next phase of our front-end. You will have a central role in our core project and can expect to be involved in the full product development lifecycle from prototyping and testing new ideas, building reusable elements into our design library and putting it all together to make beautiful and functional frontends.
We have recently taken steps towards modernising the oldest parts of our site. This includes rebuilding the stack with React, GraphQL, Typescript, Nexus and Prisma.
This role will report directly to our Lead Front-end Developer, whilst working closely with our CTO, Head of Product, and Head of Growth to ensure our technology is supporting and leading in everything we do. This person will be a technical and product evangelist within the wider team and will work to develop a best in class product and contribute to the technical strategy.
We use the following Tools and Technologies
- React, Next.js, GraphQL and Vercel for our front-end applications
- Node.js and Express for our API runtime and framework
- Postgres for our databases
- Sequelize for our ORM between our applications to our databases
- Docker for bundling up our applications and deploying them to the world
- AWS for our infrastructure, including S3, RDS, RedShift, CodePipeline, Elasticache, and ECS
We are passionate about changing the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.We want to hear from you if you
- Have at least 4 years experience in professional software development
- Have great working knowledge of React and can write advanced code using the latest features (React hooks, Context API, Suspense).
- Are an effective communicator and the ability to discuss product and technical issues
- Have worked with Redux or similar in a professional workplace
- Have good knowledge of testing practices, and can test a module with unit tests efficiently
- Have written some end-to-end tests (e.g. cypress).
- Have helped mentor or guide more junior developers
Our offices are in London and at the moment we have no plans to return them. If and when the COVID situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we may ask you to join us there occasionally.
We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
The role is fully remote but we do ask that candidates are based in the UK.Benefits
- Remote working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Invites and ticket to food and event industry events
- Significant discounts at London's best restaurants and bars
- You'll be part of a fun and passionate team who genuinely enjoy each other's company
- If/when a bit of normality resumes we have a dog-friendly office with 100+ incredible lunch options nearby, a plant-filled utopia of working space and regular team socials and events ranging from company dinner parties to Secret Cinema events.