Working alongside the CTO
3+ years experience
Remote working offered
Our wealth management client is looking to bring on Software Developer to their technology team. This is a very strong time to join the business while they are growing rapidly and have numerous positions within different departments.
This is a strategic role, needing to be filled by someone with a keen interest in their own professional career development, as well as supporting other developers who will be bought in under their supervision.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a process-driven Python developer who can transform the team as the company redefine the department. It's a strategic role suitable for someone with strong problem-solving skills, and who wants to implement changes.
This role is an immediate requirement and we are keen to screen CV's straight away.
• As senior software developer, you will be delivering Python-based application with a web frontend. Flask or Django are desirable.
• Integration of existing enterprise grade applications
• Delivering bespoke web development to a large client base
• To assist in architecting the future state of software development
• At least 3 years commercial experience as a senior developer on Python.
• A BSC in Computer Science or an equivalent analytical/numerate subject
• Be an ambitious tech advocate who is keen to take advantage of abundant opportunities for personal achievement and to accelerate their career within a leading wealth management firm
• Commercial hands-on coding experience
• Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
• Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• An understanding of container-based technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience with software version control, specifically Git/GitHub (checking in/out, committing, branching and tagging)
• Be well versed with Test Driven Development and Paired Programming
• Be passionate about collaboration and influencing peers and junior engineers
• Excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating complex ideas to people at all levels across our business
This position can be offered fully remote even after the pandemic. The company have offices all over the UK so you can either work from home, or visit the closest office to you for a bit of a change in scenery.
Currently, this role has a negotiable salary as you will be the second developer hired by our client.
This can be discussed on application.
As well as the perks of working fully remote, you will receive a good package including pension, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, and study support.