We are currently recruiting for an experienced Store Assistant Manager from a fast paced retail background.
Store Assistant Manager applicants will be reliable with a professional and focused approach to store operations and people management.
The Store Assistant Manager will have excellent operational skills and a proven track record of driving measureable performance improvements using practical techniques.
The appointed Store Assistant Manager will be required to complete the Home Bargains Management Training Programme as part of their ongoing development. This is a comprehensive 17 week programme which is completed in three parts:
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
- 12 weeks procedure based learning in store, delivered through our online platform with support from a Retail Coach, alongside Store and Area Management.
- 1 week training at our National Training Centre, Liverpool, developing management skills. This is delivered Monday - Friday and is an opportunity to visit our Head Office as well as Home Bargains flagship stores.
- 4 weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager.
Accommodation is available onsite while attending training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television.
Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.Role Responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example
- Achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Take ownership for recruiting, training and managing a team of up to 60 staff
- Responsible for performance and absence management
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of managing a team of more than 10
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
- £24,219 per annum plus up to £6,000 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events