The Specialist Works is an independent media and marketing services agency. With an evidence-based approach, we provide media planning and buying, data science, brand partnerships and creative solutions.
Our independence gives us the freedom to keep challenging the status quo to achieve even better results. Everything we do - from the people we hire to the tools we build - is about future proofing our clients. Our capabilities have been built and shaped by their needs.
Our 'what's possible?' methodology is grounded in curiosity and naturally leads to better solutions. It means, when presented with a challenge, we look beyond the standard answer to see if there's a better way. It's a way of thinking that keeps us on our toes and focused on exceeding expectations.
Happy TSW clients are now our greatest advocates. We've grown with them - operating in offices across 3 continents by adding innovative, high-impact services at a purposeful pace. We believe in being bold. TSW's mission is to define and create the agency of choice for high-growth brands worldwide.We're people-people
We're only as good as our people, so we're dedicated to finding the best. That's one reason why we look for PICK values (passionate, inquisitive, caring and knowledgeable) when hiring.
Our culture is flexible, open and collaborative. We like it that way, just ask our people who live it day to day.
We were also one of 39 agencies to achieve the IPA's CPD Gold this year. This accreditation demonstrates our investment in the professional development of our employees.
We employ ~120 people across offices in London, Bristol, Kent, Dublin, Los Angeles and Atlanta, but we have BIG ambitions to grow fast!Department purpose
The Client Team are the epicentre of the agency's client relationships. We consult, strategically support, innovate and create communication solutions to their business challenges, enabling them to navigate the full range of services we provide across the TSW Group. We work across borders, deliver 6-star account management and ensure the coordinated efforts across our business are driving client growth.Position Title Client Executive
We are looking for proactive, inquisitive thinkers. This role is not just about understanding our client's business, developing plans to achieve growth ambitions, 6-star service (that's a given). We are looking for people to challenge, take new perspectives, interrogate and explore 'what's possible' solutions. Media planning should not be 'vanilla', and as an independent we are not shackled to 'planning the buy...' We want our clients to believe we are driving that new way of thinking.
You will be supporting the Client Manager on the day-to-day running of 3-4 clients across various sectors with a degree of client ownership. You will be responsible for owning projects or elements of a client's account and you will develop great relationships with clients and colleagues to deliver this.
You will become a specialist in using research tools such as TGI, Touchpoints and Ad Intel to uncover media, market and audience information, creating insights that will contribute to designing and developing clients' communication strategies. You'll be presenting key parts of our work to clients and making recommendations for their activity. We believe every face in the room should be there to contribute, not just to observe.
Supported by the wider client team you'll write great briefs for, and build new relationships with, our external media partners and internal specialists, to produce best-in-class media proposals that innovatively deliver the strategy. All done with outstanding account handling and a smile of course.Reports to
Client Manager / Snr. Client ExecRequirementsMain Accountabilities
- Account management
- With an enthusiasm for the world of advertising and marketing, you'll support the day-to-day lead for your clients' business and be responsible for specific projects/areas within the accounts
- You'll prove you're a team player by proactively learning all there is to know about your client/clients and their business, then sharing your knowledge with everyone!
- Deliver on TSW's reputation of consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations and deadlines
- Build relationships with day to day client contacts, understand their business challenges and potentially identify opportunities
- Understand when to escalate to the Client Manager
- Own in-campaign optimisation with support from specialists; contributes to client-facing reports & co-ordinate Post- Campaign Analysis
- Supports the Client Account Manager throughout the sign-off process working with the client, finance and specialist teams
- Research & Strategic media planning
- Co-ordinate the briefing process with Specialists
- Contribute research to support the planning process from briefing all the way through to campaign evaluation this may involve owning competitor analysis or audience reporting
- Execute best practices through the planning process, to contribute to innovation and creativity on the accounts
- Be a competent user of the MINT platform, using it as a principle source of insight generation
- Write great briefs for our specialists, distilling the key challenges and opportunities
Learning & Progression
- TSW run a continued professional development programme and the teams have recommended reading, courses and events. With this support you will champion your own knowledge development.
- Raise your, and the client team's, profiles within the wider TSW environment helping promote the success of the strategic planning function
What will this role deliver in 6, 9, 12 months?
- Support planning and delivery across both brand & performance campaigns competently
- Strong knowledge of all media channels - how they are traded, key media owners, implementational tactics, options for measurement, build relationships with internal Specialist teams
- Lead post campaign analysis
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Build relationships with TSWers beyond the client team
- Microsoft Office Package with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly numerate with the ability to work diligently with numbers and data
- Communication and presentation skills (written & oral)
- Have some experience using UK media planning tools including but not limited to TGI/Touchpoints, Addynamix and Google Insight Tools
- Multi-tasking skills, working to deadlines across multiple projects
- Some experience working in a team environment
- A pro-active mindset to growing clients, and sourcing new opportunities
Understand basic media terminology and concepts
Base experience of media buying processes and client service
Nice to have
- Some experience of working in the advertising/marketing industry (you may have worked in a Brand or Performance environment)
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to deliver multiple projects
- Exposure to a fast paced, proactive environment
Experience in systems such as Media Ocean, Concept or similar accounting softwareBenefits
- Hungry in the morning? We have you covered. From cereal to fruit, everything you can think of to keep you fuelled for the day! For FREE! Including free soft drinks throughout the week and a beer trolley every Friday at 4pm
- Whilst we don't issue extra holiday - you can call in/email and take up to two days holiday without notice(BoB Days).
- If a member of staff belongs to a gym, health club or belongs to a fitness class/clubs the company will pay via the pay roll £30.00 per month towards the fees. Our employees health is paramount to us so you will also be entitled to (once out of probation) an eye test as well as an annual health screening.
- The company is passionate about developing and growing our people, so we offer and support individuals development throughout the organisation on tailored development programs.
- Passion. The fuel that gets you out of bed. The urgency to deliver. You just show it and we will know it.
- Inquisitiveness. Not working but exploring. Accepting change and seeking it. Listening to others who may or may not be weirder than you are.
- Caring. Goodwill in endless motion. Giving 6-star service with a smile. Supporting the decision (even if you lost the vote).
- Knowledge. Our specialist way. Playing to your strengths. Knowing when and when not to say - 'so what!'
And we live them every day #IamPICK
Sound good to you? Then get in touch. We don't bite. https //vimeo.com/232035146
At TSW our culture, our creativity and our passion is powered by people. People just like you. Diversity and difference drive innovation, not only for us but also for our clients and is at the heart of everything that we do.
TSW is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age as we seek to recruit the very best at TSW from a diverse talent pool. If you require flexible working options (as many TSW'rs do) please still get in touch and we'll be as accommodating as we can.