Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Location: Head Office with some remote working
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: CFO/COO
Direct reports: -ABOUT US
Gozney's mission is to change the way the world cooks outdoors. Founded in 2011 and led by inventor and CEO Tom Gozney, we design distinctive, contemporary stone pizza ovens and accessories. Using our platform as the market leader in the UK's restaurant sector, we are set to revolutionize cooking at home through pioneering oven designs and incredible user experience.
Roccbox, our portable oven sold over $1.2m in just 45 days after launch. Today we continue to design innovative products that make cooking with fire simple. We are passionate about sparking a food culture and don't like to brag, that's why you won't find us shouting about our celebrity clientele including Gordon Ramsay, Benny Blanco, Paul Hollywood, Richard Branson, Professor Green, The Hairy Bikers, Mike Kreiger (Instagram founder) and more . Instead, we are focusing on designing iconic products that inspire cooking to return to the outdoors, to its most elemental, immersive experience.
Our team is made up of a resourceful group of likeminded, ambitious individuals, and Gozney is on an exciting, fast-paced global growth journey. The Dome, due to launch in 2021, is a pioneering stone oven with unrivalled cooking abilities, set to permanently change the outdoor cooking sector. Our products are sold directly to customers via gozney.com in the USA, Canada, Europe, the UK and Australia.SUMMARY
As Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you work closely with the CFO/COO to significantly improve the company's use of data to generate insights and shape commercial decisions. You'll work with the whole team to understand the levers which generate demand for our products, help validate hunches and dispel myths, then use that insight to support the sales and marketing team in creating increasing accurate forecasts which in turn optimise the use of our inventory. You'll develop KPI packs utilising Domo to ensure the business is delivering the performance and areas of over and under-performance are highly visible and can be assessed quickly. You'll oversee the budgeting and forecasting cycles in the business and own the financial model.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Own, develop and possibly rebuild the 3-5 year planning model with integrated financial statements
- Own all budgeting, forecasting and planning cycles
- Use data interrogation and manipulation to turn analysis into insights and support senior commercial decision making
- Develop the use of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing tools (Domo) in order to provide insightful performance metrics to all areas of the business
- Lead the creation of KPI packs, delivering strong financial analysis to challenge performance and drive profitability
- Work with the CFO/COO to create a new company-wide Demand (sales) forecasting process that will generate a new rolling 12-month projection.
- Drive continuous improvements in forecast accuracy across the forecast hierarchy
- Create and own the design and implementation of a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process led by the CFO/COO
- Own monthly S&OP meetings with Leadership teams.
- Own market trend analysis for our product category
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Forecast accuracy (shared metrics with sales and marketing)
- Profitability gained from business insights (costs savings or growth opportunities)
- KPI delivery to business on time
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- You'll enjoy seeing the big picture through the lens of the numbers
- You'll be naturally sceptical and want to verify hunches with data where possible
- That said, you'll know when the data can't give you the answer and won't waste time digging for gold that doesn't exist
- You'll be excited about making a difference in a new role in which you can have a direct impact on the success of the company
- You'll be driven by results and actively look to find evidence of the impact you're making in the role
- You'll be always looking for ways to improve how effective you are in your role so that you'll grow with the company
- You'll be happy adapting to change in an environment in which we are growing uncomfortably fast
- You'll be transparent and collaborative, we're a fast-growing team and we work hard together to get things done
- You'll be open and honest, just as likely to talk about what's not going well as what is
- You'll be commercially savvy, able to see the big picture beyond the numbers
- You'll have excellent judgement and be able to see things as they really are
A BIT ABOUT WHAT WE OFFER
- You'll most likely be a recently qualified accountant who has spent at least 3 years working for a private company
- You'll ideally have experience working in a consumer goods company, and even better if that is predominantly direct to consumer.
- You'll be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities without day to day management
- You'll have excellent organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills, as well as the ability to manage the array of details inherent in this role.
- You'll have a degree, but we're relaxed about what subject you studied
- You'll be very comfortable with large data structures and have the ability to mine data BI database tools.
- You'll have advanced experience using Microsoft Excel functions and analytical tools such as pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, SUMIFS, and statistical functions.
- Some knowledge of SQL would be advantageous
- You'll be able to demonstrate some experience in mining data structures (BI and the Data warehouse) that will facilitate a clean data history for forecasting
- Competitive salary /bonus scheme /benefits /pizza!
- 26 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Flexibility in-home /office working (likely 2/3 days in the office)
- Fun, inclusive, creative office space in Christchurch, Dorset
- Free Roccbox and Friends and Family discount
- Pension with NEST
❗️A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- The closing date is 26 February 2021. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Gozney is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.
Apply with your CV