Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:Intelligent
- we make the right choicesInvolved
- our enthusiasm creates energyInnovative
- we always ask what's nextOur business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people's lives.
We're as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers' services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.Our story
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers - the service providers - we define people's needs today and in the future - and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We're proud of the role we play, improving people's lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we're going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide - this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.Job Description
Candidates sought to work within the Technical Services team. The successful applicant will be required to implement the Northgate Housing and Revenues and Benefits applications as well as many Central Government products. They will need a knowledge of Oracle databases ( 12c/18c/19c ) , Windows 2012, 2016 and Unix ( Solaris, Linux, AIX, ) operating systems. Occasional travel around the UK will be required.
Core hours for the team are 09:00- 17:30 (Monday to Friday). Additionally, some weekend work will be required depending on customer requirement.
The position can be based in the NPS Bracknell office or home based..Required Knowledge And Experience
- Oracle Database Administration skills
- Knowledge of both UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Must have previous experience of working in a remote DBA organisation.
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache webserver
- Knowledge linux/windows and solaris
- Part of the job will include writing/updating installation instructions for customers.
- An extremely high standard of English grammar is required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to problem solve in a customer focused manner.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of both UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Express.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and concepts
- Experience of delivering/designing SAAS solutions.
- Experience of automation tools (Ansible/Chef etc)
- Prior knowledge of Northgate Local Government products.
- Security Clearance / CRB Clearance
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.