Store Supervisor applicants will be reliable with a professional and focused approach to store operations, leadership and development, taking direction from and supporting the Store and Store Assistant Managers in day-to-day operations.
The appointed Store Supervisor will be required to complete the Home Bargains Management Training Programme as part of their ongoing development. This is a comprehensive 17 week programme which is completed in three parts:
- 12 weeks procedure based learning in store, delivered through our online platform with support from a Retail Coach, alongside Store and Area Management.
- 1 week training at our National Training Centre, Liverpool, developing management skills. This is delivered Monday - Friday and is an opportunity to visit our Head Office as well as Home Bargains flagship stores.
- 4 weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager.
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
Accommodation is available onsite while attending training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television. Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.Role Responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Strive towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Monitor performance and absence
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of supervising a team of 5 or more
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
- £22,893 per annum plus up to £3,600 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events