Overview of Role
Digital Barriers are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our expanding Platform Team. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of technical skills, a positive attitude, excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the ongoing development of our core platform. Including transitioning our existing self-hosted platform into a more cloud native, scalable solution and expanding its capabilities to support a wide variety of customers across the globe.Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop software to support distribution and management of our IP Video solution
- Delivery of software on time and to specification
- Undertake unit and system testing on your work
- Work with QA Team to deliver high quality software
- Collaborate with the rest of the team including conducting code reviews
- Actively contribute to the evolution of the development process
- Actively contribute to a growing engineering department
Candidates' should be degree qualified in a Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline with five or more years' experience.
- Unit testing
- Design and use of HTTP APIs
- Object orientated software design
- Spring Boot Web framework
- Intellij IDEA
UK Security Clearance: Successful candidates may be required to meet security requirements for this role before they can be appointed. You must have rights to work in the UK, and able to gain UK security clearances. Candidates will be required to have or obtain security vetting to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) level.