LANXESS is a leading speciality chemicals company based in Cologne. With around 14,300 employees in 33 countries, we are an established company on the global market. Our primary expertise lies in producing, developing and marketing chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics, with annual sales of EUR 6.8 billion (2019).
As a company, we are responsible for ensuring strict observance of safety, environmental and social standards at LANXESS locations around the world. We endeavor to make sustainability a focus for all employees and to establish sustainable solutions in all key areas. We also demonstrate this by supporting initiatives such as Responsible Care® and the Carbon Disclosure Project and being listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World & Europe and FTSE4Good.
In order to achieve LANXESS's objectives, we operate within our company Performance Culture which includes our value : respect, ownership, trust, professionalism and integrity.LANXESS UK
is currently seeking a strong, motivated and talented individuals with the appropriate experience for the position of Customs & Duty Assistant. Location: LANXESS UK, ManchesterMain Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Reviewing and checking import and export declarations
- Determine preferential origin declarations
- Documenting and analysing sales flows and activities.
- Assisting with updating IT tables and system testing following changes
- Assist with sample based audit on internal processes and external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience and exposure to customs practices and procedures (valuation, rules of preferential origin, CPC, classification, etc.)
- Able to work in person and remotely with stakeholders from different departments, located in the UK and abroad
- Good SAP skills and experience* (see below)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills
*SAP Experience which would be advantageous
- Visualise sales orders to customers and purchase orders (VA03, ME23N), BOM,
- Warehouse stock and movements (MB52, MMBE,
- Finance and accounts payable for invoices (VF03 and FB03, MIR4)
- Material master ( MM03)
- Delivery and shipment visualisation (VL03N and VT03N)
- GTS module (for the moment only on LXP) for the management of export control and restrictions responsibilities, embargo and SPL.
What we offer you:
Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a mixture of various benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global "Xwork" program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
For us, talent matters, we welcome everyone who commits to our values. We strongly believe that including diverse perspectives makes us more innovative and enhances our competitiveness. Therefore, we embrace the uniqueness of every single individual and are truly committed to supporting our people in developing their individual potential.