Financial Controller £70k - £75k
Refreshing are working with one of the world's most exciting brands on a major project to hire a new team of energetic and ambitious accountants. The company is well-known across the world and is very highly regarded. They're offering packages loaded with extras (like product discounts, days off for your Birthday and for Summer Fridays, a good pension, and loads more).
We're looking for a Financial Controller to oversee the general ledger and take responsibility for regional processes as well as the annual statutory financial statements for multiple entities. Main Responsibilities:
What you need to have:
- Provide accounting leadership and direction to team
- Perform and manage the maintenance and closing of the general ledger for regional processes.
- Prepare/review monthly detail reconciliations for various GL accounts for entities across the region.
- Prepare/review journal entries related to GL Accounting monthly close.
- Prepare/review annual statutory financial statements and disclosures for certain legal entities.
- Maintain and review documented procedures and ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Coordination with auditors and outsourcing partners to prepare and manage execution of European statutory audits
- Support internal and external audits (US GAAP, SOX and Statutory).
- Meet with divisional counterparts and department heads to review detail results, and become a business partner to these individuals.
- Identify and support process improvement and efficiency enhancement opportunities.
- Assist with ad-hoc assignments and special projects as required.
- A 'can-do' attitude and a genuine desire to work with a great team from around the world
- First-rate people skills: you'll be a great communicator
- 5 - 7 years' experience in finance - some audit background would be an asset
- Good systems knowledge. Excel is very important. SAP would be great to have
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX would help you stand out.
- A finance qualification
There is a real focus on development in the company, so we want someone who is keen to learn, and help others develop too. This should be somewhere you want grow and flourish over the next few years. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
Finally, diversity is central to everything we do, so we welcome applications from all types of background.
Apply today and start the journey.
Due to the very high number of applications we will receive, we can only speak to the people we feel are closest suited to the position, but thank you for applying, and we may find something else for you very soon. Follow our company page so you don't miss out https://www.linkedin.com/company/refreshinggroup