Your chance as Medical Director UK. New cardio-vascular drug with blockbuster potential!
Our client is a very successful US biotech company listed at the stock exchange and has 25 years of experiences in development and marketing of innovative drugs in the field of chronical diseases. After a successful launch in USA and enormous growth, now European EU5 countries and beyond are ready to take off the business.
HEADXPERT, as a leading European Executive Search Consultancy and part of Ashfield Engage, is exclusively looking for a high caliber candidate to cover all medical affairs responsibilities and leading a MSL team within the UK organization Medical Director / Head of Medical Affairs UK (f/m/d)
This role will be responsible for the development and the execution of the Medical Affairs strategy in UK for the successful commercial launch of a new cardivascular product. The Medical Director will collaborate with Commercial, Market Access, Policy, Pricing and local key market teams to reach the business objectives for UK. The incumbent will develop Medical Affairs plans, SL and scientific societies engagement plans and contribute to commercial launch plan strategies for the product across all channels.Your Tasks
- You will report to the General Manager UK and the European Director Medical Affairs and you will lead the MSL team in UK. You will be the medical head for the strategy, tactics and execution during all launch phases and possible further products
- You work close together with the entire interfaces of internal and external stakeholders as well service partners to reach the milestones and objectives of the company
- You will develop, plan and run engagements, meetings and events with the scientific society, KOL, advisory boards including remote settings
- You will contribute to the market access colleague in UK to manage pricing and reimbustment affairs, further you will contribute and monitor HEOR models and RWE studies
- You will develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise for scientific societies, hospitals and centers of excellence across the region to build and maintain a solid understanding of external dynamics and trends in guidelines, medical practice and science
- Your are a medical doctor with medical practice experience related to cholesterol/metabolism research in a clinic and you have at least 8 years of medical affairs experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in your country
- You possess biotech or pharmaceutical product launch experience preferably in most recent cardio-metabolic medical affairs (Cardiovascular, Diabetis, Hypertension, Lipids)
- You have solid up-to-date knowledge of the healthcare system, regulatory, regulations, public agencies and decision making processes in UK
- Your are competent and experienced in working in complex, dynamic, x-functional, matrix organization and remote teams, as well in multiple projects in parallel. Your English is fluent and your computer skills are up-to-date
- We are looking for a anayltical, strategic and flexible personality with high enthusiasm for CV, a team player who works and feels accountable and shares knowledge. Further, we need a strong influencer and top KOL manager for external individuals, groups and societies
The company offers a unique opportunity to build on a strong scientific and medical approved product with blockbuster potential and more than 1,000 enthusiastic employees, managed by a highly experienced international EU management team. Besides the challenge to build the medical organization in UK from scratch, the company offers a competitive package, fast and direct decisions and great outlook.
Do you recognize yourself in the task? Then we would be very pleased to receive your CV in English and a description of your motivation.
Lothar Helger, Head of HEADXPERT, Germany | Europe