We are a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world's best known brands, leading retailers and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next online grocery home delivery, ordering in a Saturday night takeaway or making a flight reservation - we're at the heart of it.
As a Java Developer at Valtech you will become part of a unique digital agency. We bring together design, data science and software engineering professionals to deliver innovative and value added solutions for our customers across both the public and private sectors.
You will be passionate about developing best in class digital solutions. You will be an advocate for clean code and have the versatility to move with the times and absorb the appropriate technologies at the right time.What we need
- Java 8 or higher
- Java web frameworks - Play, Spring Boot etc
- Experience in creation of web services
- Relational and/or NOSQL datastores
- Experience of developing in an agile environment
- Exposure to pair programming, planning poker, CI or CD, IoC, TDD, BDD
- Knowledge of Software/ Integration Design Patterns
- Experience of GDS projects
- Mentoring or possibly some team lead experience
- Exposure to other JVM based languages such as Groovy or Scala
- Scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Understanding of different software architectures
- Awareness of cloud providers and cloud technologies
- Previous experience of working for a consultancy
These is a key permanent role that comes with an attractive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package.