The IKAWA Sample Roaster enables consistent, repeatable roasting by using digital precision. It improves quality, saves time and encourages collaboration and learning through profile sharing. We connect the coffee world, making roasting more accessible and increasing knowledge and understanding within the industry, and this role is at the heart of that mission.
Your work will build on the strong foundations we have and allow us to go further and raise the bar. You will create high value content for our audiences around the world, disseminated through our website across social media, email and in campaigns. You will lead a proactive social media strategy which builds awareness, consideration and engagement across appropriate channels.
The role sits within the Marketing team and reports to the Brand and Marketing Manager who you will work closely with. Your work will cover the following areas - supported by marketing team, freelancers, and agencies as appropriate.Key areas of responsibility
Content Strategy and Delivery
- Work with the Brand and Marketing Manager to create a content strategy that articulates on our brand message and meets customer needs, values and preferences.
- Create a content plan to deliver on the strategy, with key channels being our website, blog, YouTube, Instagram, email and others as determined by strategy.
- Responsible for the creation of market leading content for our community of coffee producers, traders, roasters and trainers to help them get the best experiences from their IKAWA Pro and more broadly help improve coffee evaluation.
- This will include video production, photography, long form blogs, interviews, research papers, as well as compelling short form content.
- Create an ambitious strategy to make our social media excellent for IKAWA Pro audiences in order to heavily engage customers, support the brand, and drive qualified audiences towards investing in an IKAWA.
- Be responsible for our social media plan and delivery of the social media strategy.
- Day to day posting and consistent engagement with communities.
- Manage paid social for key channels, considering how to best use this to achieve our goals.
Measure and Evaluation
- Set up reporting around basic metrics, engagement metrics, positioning metrics and KPIs to understand how our work meets our goals.
- Monitor progress against key metrics and share insights with the team.
- SEO Working with the Web and CRM lead you will create and implement our SEO strategy and implementation ensuring we apply best practice in our content and foster greater off-page SEO.
- Copywriting and creation of content for marketing emails to support campaigns across the team.
- Creation of content for projects led by colleagues to support customer success and sales driving activities.
- As a highly talented member of a small marketing team, you will be expected to contribute to other projects, and we encourage a proactive approach.
This role will suit a candidate who has relevant experience in comparable roles, demonstrating expertise in strategic thinking, activity planning, and day to day delivery. You will be our company storyteller and must be empathetic toward the pain points and goals of our customers.Essential
- Writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language, and experience copywriting in a brand voice and style
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines, coordinating internal and external stakeholders to contribute to your objectives.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a campaign, or content.
- Interpersonal skills in all communication forms, both in writing and in in person interaction.
- Build and send marketing emails.
- Strong technical competency in Instagram particularly, also YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
- Experience with paid social platforms (particularly Instagram and Facebook).
- The ability to think like an educator; understanding what the audience needs to know, how they want to consume it, and how to best present it.
- A passion for new technology, tools and application within blogs and social media.
- Highly tuned in to the importance of brand positioning across all communications and touchpoints
- Comfortable in presenting in video or webinars.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in specialty coffee and demonstrate deep interest for this industry; however, we will also consider strong applications from candidates outside the industry who can demonstrate ability to tune in to the nuance of a new industry.
- Professional coffee roasting experience, ideally using an IKAWA.
- Competent photo editing and graphic design skills (possibility to outsource).
- Optional photography / video editing (possibility to outsource).
- Confident presenting in front of camera for videos and webinars.
Our office and workshop are located at Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE Given the present circumstances surrounding Covid-19 most of our office-based roles are working remotely and therefore we are considering applications from candidates in the rest of the U.K.Contract
Full time (Monday - Friday)
Notice periods considered.Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience
22 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Company benefits include MacBook, Home Roaster, team incentives and activities, perks, occasional travel, L&D opportunities, access to company pension scheme, ride to work scheme.