Mary's Meals International is delighted to be recruiting for a talented Senior Content Manager
for a 12-month maternity cover, to lead on the sourcing and curation of compelling content to enable us to tell the stories of those we serve.
Mary's Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal - that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary's Meals. We offer so much more than a role, we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on flexible working and personal development.
Reporting to our Head of International Communications, you will bring fantastic leadership experience and will have the ability to develop strong relationships with our Programme Affiliates and Partners and other staff across the Mary's Meals family. Working collaboratively with all MMI directorates and our Senior Leadership Team, you will ensure that all requests are delivered on time, on budget and on message, with high-quality content pieces.
You will understand what makes a great story and know how to go about gathering all of the essential ingredients. This will be done not only through collaboration with Programme affiliates and partners, but also by planning, organising and undertaking trips to our programme countries as and when required (and when travel is permitted). Well-developed photography and videography skills are key as well as an empathetic and sensitive manner when dealing with the children and families we serve.
You will lead our on the delivery of all video, photo and story narrative for new campaigns and work in close collaboration with our Communications leadership team and across our communications workstreams to scope, develop and run major campaigns including; emergency appeals, film projects and core MMI campaigns.
Additionally, you will have responsibility for
- Working in collaboration with our Editorial Manager, to assist our National (fundraising) Affiliates in the development of tailored content to run their own local campaigns;
- Contributing effectively to the organisation's overall Communications strategy;
- Liaising with Senior MMI Programme staff on all relevant matters relating to the gathering and promotion of content and ensuring flow of content around Programme development;
- Scoping new content formats and ways of working to make our story-telling more impactful;
- When Covid permits and as projects require, travelling to our Programme Countries to gather content both for specific campaigns and, for use, in our day-today Communications
- Assisting with the co-ordination of media and high-profile visits to programme countries and content capture trips; and
- Provide inspirational leadership to our Content Development team, including Video Editor and Digital Content Library Co-ordinator.
Creative and innovative, with significant experience of working in a content-focused role within a busy communications function, you will be skilled not only in content creation but also in digital communications and public relations. You will have exceptional communication and influencing skills and thrive in a fast paced, culturally diverse environment where you will have the opportunity to create real impact, as we strive to grow our movement and reach the next child waiting for Mary's Meals.
You will also bring
- Robust leadership experience with a dynamic and creative approach;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to lead and inspire others;
- Strong project management experience; and
- Strong photography and film making skills
This is an incredible role, with a fast-growing international organisation, changing the lives of over 1.6 million children every day. As Senior Content Manager at Mary's Meals International, you will have the opportunity to work with amazing, motivated colleagues and play your part in reaching the next child waiting for Mary's Meals. To apply, please click Apply
and please include a covering letter in support of your application - outlining what attracts you to Mary's Meals International and this post in particular.Closing date Thursday 25 February
Senior Content Manager JD
Applicant Privacy Statement