We're The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We're the UK's largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we've been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we've consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes - going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we've never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We've continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak - and we've done it by transforming the way we work.
We're fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We'll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.The opportunity.
Responsible for setting the vision, goals and roadmaps within our New Customer Growth squad. Combining strategic and hands on work, you will drive and articulate your future vision, whilst owning new customer growth & leading a cross functional team to deliver at pace. Lead the identification, development and implementation of Marketing initiatives that grow new customer volume and value within the first 12 months tenure through creating actionable insights. Deliver targeted marketing strategy across new customer acquisition and onboarding.Key Responsibilities
- Customer Growth. Set the new customer growth vision for TVG, attract valuable customers whilst balancing volume and value
- Data. Leverage customer, transactional and behavioural data to develop personalised CRM journeys that create engagement, convert interest and retain valuable new customers
- Investment. Create the investment guardrails for new customer acquisition across all marketing channels. Direct analytics and make recommendations to optimise marketing spend ROI
- Customer Value. Act as advocate for the optimisation of customer lifetime value, create segmentations to enable targeted marketing and remove barriers to allow the team to deliver
- People leadership. Lead the implementation of a world-class set of targeted marketing new customer strategies across TVG. Provide analytical guidance where required
- Team effectiveness. Set effective ways of working in the team, and help analytical / technical professionals collaborate and work well together
- Communication. Communicate the work of the team back to stakeholders across TVG
- Administration. Ensure team administration happens as required, including budget setting
This is a blended analytical marketing and people leadership role. We expect candidates will show distinctiveness in either the people leadership or analytical elements, but they will need to show strong competency across both.
Candidates will typically have years of relevant experience in high volume "test and learn" database marketing roles, including people leadership expertise. You may come from a CRM, database marketing, or product owner/management background within online retail or financial services.
Specifically, we are looking for
- Deep knowledge of the MarTech domain, including CRM Campaign Management, CRM Activation Platforms and Channel Systems (such as SMS, Email, Push)
- Deep experience with CRM systems, process, database marketing and analytics platforms, including managing large M&R budgets to drive ROI in such an environment
- High level of commercial understanding in developing business cases and interpreting financial
- High level of understanding of how advanced analytical tools, e.g. segmentation, modelling and machine learning can be utilised within strategies to drive improved performance
- People management expertise, leading analysts to generate recommendations and actionable insight to develop strategies
- Experience of developing tests through a 'Test & Control' methodology that can be measured accurately and confidently to inform future strategy decisions
- Proven experience of influencing delivery within an organisation
- Experienced in modern ways of working (e.g. agile), and with a demonstrated ability to ensure analytical professionals work productively
- Good communication skills and can translate complex data into simple and concise formats. Strong influencing skills and a highly developed ability to work with stakeholders of many types and seniority levels
How To Apply
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing, footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you're a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.