Evaluate provides trusted commercial intelligence for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Our core online subscription service, EvaluatePharma® delivers a seamless view of the past, present and future of the global pharmaceutical market in a single, standardised platform. Evaluate Omnium Risk uses predictive analytics to estimate the probabilities that upcoming pharmaceuticals will achieve regulatory and technical success throughout the clinical trial process, and Omnium Return combines this with epidemiological data to estimate the sales and financial success of the product. All this is combined and enhanced with our world-class intelligence data on pharmaceutical companies and product development pipelines.
Building on this success, we know there is more scope for advanced data processing and data science, and this year Evaluate is investing heavily in an in-house data science team.
We have a new opportunity for a Data Engineer to join this team and convert the theory into operational practice for our customers.Responsibilities
- Creation of features for predictive ML models
- Manipulation of large data sets, and the extraction of insights
- Pulling bespoke database extracts for hypothesis testing, and ideation
- Design and optimisation of database solutions that sit upstream of main production environment
- Creation of optimised upstream database systems, e.g. consolidated/standardised clinical trial or pricing database (across multiple geographies)
- Pulling, processing and structuring new data sets, from public and private sources, e.g. grant information
- Develop & maintain data publication and synchronization processes, supporting Tableau
- Productionising Tableau data transforms
Based in the London office with flexible working. Occasional travel to other offices, subsidiaries & partner locations. Initially 100% working from home while government travel restrictions remain in place due to Covid-19.EssentialRequirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience wielding large data sets in formats such as XML, JSON and CSV
- Building data pipelines (using common ETL tools)
- Good Python knowledge (2-3 years), with a focus on data manipulation
- AWS Data services (S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Spectrum)
- Data modelling (basic concepts/principles), schema design
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QuickSight
- AWS certifications
- Friendly approach to business
- Superior communication skills with all
- Fast learning rate
- Ability to grow and adapt as business does
- Finger on the pulse with new & emerging technologies
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension plan - company contribution of 6.7% rising to 10% after 12 months service
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Corporate Gym Membership/Discount*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
(*following successful completion of probation period. )Equal Opportunities statement
Evaluate is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people's differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success.
We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual's abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Evaluate operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.