Operational Risk SME - Interim
We are looking for a hands-on Operational Risk Contractor to set up and lead our Operational Risk function. This is an opportunity for a talented and highly motivated professional to take a leading role in a start-up financial services business.
Reporting into the Risk Director this will be the first operational risk hire in the business. We believe this is an extremely exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated to take on responsibility, has the confidence and ability to tread new ground with a fast-growing organisation.About StrideUp
At StrideUp our goal is to help a generation of young, aspirational buyers take their first step onto the property ladder by building innovative products and by leveraging technology to simplify the customer experience.
StrideUp is backed by a prominent group of investors, including ARA-Venn (a leading European Asset Manager) and Picus Capital (an early stage VC fund).Requirements
Support the Risk Director in ensuring that the business has the processes and skills in place to maintain a controlled operational risk environment.
- Work with all business to establish and embed a robust operational risk culture within the organization.
- Work with 1st line of defence to review processes, set up and produce RCSA's, risk indicators and risk event management framework.
- Provide challenge, assessment, investigation, and guidance to enable the business to better understand and track the operational risks to which it is exposed, and to advise and track activities to mitigate aspects of operational risk that exceed the business tolerance.
- Identify and implement solutions for operational risk management issues.
- Assist with the promotion of a culture of risk identification, awareness and reporting, and openness in reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements associated with operational risk management.
- Good knowledge of risk assessments processes, operation's, and process controls within the UK mortgage market
- Strong business skills, ability to optimize risks for competitive advantage.
- Structured thinking and analytical skills, and ability to express ideas succinctly.
- Competence with end-user computing tools including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to maintain and develop robust systems, controls, and processes.
- Capable of working independently, taking on high-level tasks and expanding into detailed processes and control procedures.
- Contribute positively to small, close risk function and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues.
Attractive salary £55,000 to £60,000 dependent on experience
Friendly and informal start-up environment. An ability to accommodate inclusive working practices and flexible location
Work closely with the executive team and founders.