Who We Are
We are a consultancy that works with other businesses to scale them up by accelerating their adoption of cloud native methodologies - we build platforms that run products .
We believe in keeping things simple while providing outstanding value to our customers. We are successful when our customers are successful, and we align as much as possible with their long-term goals.
In addition to building software we are proud of, we are a social bunch that believes in accomplishing more as a team than an individual.
We are located in Edinburgh but we are open to remote working - the most important factor here is operating as a single team.
We like to meet as a team a few times a year so if working remotely we would either bring you over or come to meet you, travelling permitted.Our Core Beliefs
What Will You Be a Part Of
- We move fast. When facing a dilemma, we choose the option that is the easiest to pivot to, while keeping our options open for the future
- We like simplicity and follow the KISS principle
- We embrace a "You Build It, You Run It" mindset that helps facilitate a higher level of quality and accountability, enabling us to keep in mind the operational aspect of the systems we build
- We test in production using feature flags, circuit breakers and other continuous delivery tooling
- We are committed to equality and diversity
We are looking for a person that loves to write software and get it deployed sooner rather than later.
Primarily you will be working as part of the tech team and build/maintain/enhance a data platform that is responsible for bringing outstanding value to our customers.
The data platform ingests structured events which are then added to the data lake. The platform supports managing ETLs for its users. One of the main uses of the data is for data analysts producing actionable reports that enable the client to make better decisions.
You will also influence how the data platform processes information and be responsible for various parts of the data pipeline.
Secondarily, you will be assisting in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for various components of the system
As a team, we
What Will You Work On
- Design and implement solutions or evolve existing ones that are primarily scalable and secure
- Deliver progress constantly, always aiming for continuous delivery, pushing out many small changes daily to validate our thinking that we are on the right path
- Evaluate and use the best tools and development strategies
- Build secure, scalable, distributed and fault-tolerant cloud-based systems
- Participate in Agile sessions, retrospectives & stakeholder demos
- Engage with the OSS community
- Learn from mistakes
- Are in constant communication with the customer, showing them what you are working on and gathering feedback
- Maintain and enhance a software stack that is responsible for ingesting billions of events per day and populating a data warehouse
- Maintain and enhance the management of ETLs part of the data platform user configuration
- Maintain and enhance the monitoring of the data platform, including the monitoring of data enrichers, ETLs etc
- Design and Build the ability for a user to define data enrichers
- Design and Build a real time data platform - this will enables us to make the reports more actionable
- Build data tools available to data analysts that enhance their ability to explore the data
- 2+ years of GoLang experience
- Comfortable working with Python and SQL (PostgreSQL, Redshift, Athena)
- Experience with AWS EKS, Prometheus, Grafana and other Kubernetes tooling
- Experience with trunk based developments and use of GitHub Actions
- Experience with Terraform
- Feel comfortable building data pipelines that handle billions of event ingestions daily
- Ability to find ways forward without reinventing the wheel or changing the entire stack
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with customers and guide them through the team's work
- Good understanding of infrastructure-as-code and immutable infrastructure
- Experience with microservices and serverless architectures
- (nice to have) Experience with Kubernetes Operators
Travel will be kept to a minimum - we do not travel to our customers sites - will be discussed if and when needed.Benefits
- The chance to work alongside like minded folks that enjoy building scalable and fault tolerant systems
- The opportunity to build highly scalable data platforms we are proud of
- A very transparent working environment
- Competitive salary
- Your choice of hardware, renewed every 2-3 years
- Pension plan and private medical
- Flexible working